What's new

Anybody Tried Taconic Injector Blades? Any Good?

Hello All. I came to this thread to find out if there is a winner, or at least definitive differences, between the three currently produced injector blades: Schick, Personna, and Taconic.

I see a lot of mention of "Chicks" which I can't tell if it's a spell correction of Schick, or if it's some secretive shaver slang word combining the words China (their country of manufacture) and Schick, that only the cool, and by no means racist, kids use.

I'm hoping it's a lazy use of the former, as "Chicks" isn't a helpful search word by any means when it comes to this kind of shaving information, and will all but guarantee new shavers, web searchers, and site lurkers completely miss potentially valuable feedback and product information because they're not 'in the know'.

If the former, posts can easily be edited for a few minutes post-posting, and will ensure your words of wisdom reach the widest audience. If it's the latter, a simple explanation at the start of your post would be helpful, or even better just drop the jargon that's borderline racist, and embrace your inner gentleman (as this is supposed to be a gentlemen's forum) and discard your inner adolescent.

And yes (rant complete), I'm still seeking feedback on those three brands, and am trying to not have to website hop to find it.

Sincerely,

~Kai
I believe that at least for a time there were both US and Chinese made Schick branded blades available, either new or old stock, and calling the Chinese made ones Chicks were a simple way of differentiating them. I'm not sure if that's still the case or not. Despite what you may hear or believe, not everything is racist.

There are always problems with searching for just about anything on forums, auction sites, whatever. Not everyone is going to take the time to repeat the same detailed explanations on every post they make. Most people looking for info will find it and be able to determine the context. You might would have gotten a quicker response if you hadn't started out with the suggestion that people you are questioning are less than intelligent or decent people.

I believe that at least for a time there were both US and Chinese made Schick branded blades available, either new or old stock, and calling the Chinese made ones Chicks were a simple way of differentiating them. I'm not sure if that's still the case or not. Despite what you may hear or believe, not everything is racist.

There are always problems with searching for just about anything on forums, auction sites, whatever. Not everyone is going to take the time to repeat the same detailed explanations on every post they make. Most people looking for info will find it and be able to determine the context. You might would have gotten a quicker response if you hadn't started out with the suggestion that people you are questioning are less than intelligent or decent people.
I am new to injectors (still waiting for my first one to arrive) but from eBay searches I have come across Schick Injector blades that were also made in Holland and Japan. I am sure in the beginning there were US made Schick blades. I don't think "Chick" blades are anything other than a quick way to differentiate the current production Chinese made Schick Injector blades from other Schick blades when used in a discussion. It's just shorthand. If people called them "Chink Schicks" then that would infer a racist bias in my opinion.

I have been looking at those. They should work in all injector razors. Some people prefer Personna blades and some hate them. I bought one 20 blade dispenser of Personna blades and I will be testing them out soon. Buying in bulk like that makes those blades about 1/4 the cost of the Chinese made Schicks so I hope that I like them. But I am not going to put savings ahead of a comfortable shave.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have cleaned up all of the BS. I am opening this back up as I think it has merit and an interesting topic. In the future if we have a disagreement with another member just walk away. If it is a troll report it and walk away. That prevents threads from being locked like Chris had to do with this one.

Carry on Chicks.

I have cleaned up all of the BS. I am opening this back up as I think it has merit and an interesting topic. In the future if we have a disagreement with another member just walk away. If it is a troll report it and walk away. That prevents threads from being locked like Chris had to do with this one.

Carry on Chicks.

Don't Feed The Trolls.jpg

Got it. I will try to remember.

Top Bottom