What's new

Anybody tried Last Razor?

Thanks! I'm sure it'll get worked out soon and shipped out.

I hope so but I'm no longer telling people to give them a try. The invoice said I'd receive it in 1 to 3 days. Here on the 4th day my order is still at the same status it was on Monday. What's worse is, I sent them a text, an email, and used the online form to contact them. I've had no response yet and it's been more than 36 hours. Pretty hard to trust a "company" that can't respond to a customer within 24 hours about an existing order. I'll give them a full week then I'll contact my credit card for a refund.

-Mc

Quick update on my situation. I found the email address for the owner (I think he's the owner) and forwarded my order info and let him know that I hadn't received any responses. He answered very quickly and apologized. He didn't explain why nobody ever contacted me but he did say the reason my stuff didn't get shipped is they had a large surge of orders this week. Mine should go out next week at the latest.

Still looking forward to trying the whole package - razor, blades, creme.

-Mc

Quick update on my situation. I found the email address for the owner (I think he's the owner) and forwarded my order info and let him know that I hadn't received any responses. He answered very quickly and apologized. He didn't explain why nobody ever contacted me but he did say the reason my stuff didn't get shipped is they had a large surge of orders this week. Mine should go out next week at the latest.

Still looking forward to trying the whole package - razor, blades, creme.

-Mc
Nice. Let me know how it goes once you try the stuff out.
Like I said in my video review, their shaving "cream" is very thin and does not provide any cushion, but its slick. So use even less pressure than you normally would. The razor is gentle but efficient. I got a great shave from it. I mentioned in the video that I got a little irritation, but it went away within a couple minutes after I stopped filming.

For $5 you get 25 Personna Blades, a Butterfly/TTO Razor, and some Shaving Cream. I bought it today. I did this because I don't have a Butterfly/TTO razor.

Well, mine came in last week and I attempted to try it on Sunday. For $5 I got 25 blades made in China, shaving creme I may or may not ever use, and a DE razor that was so poorly made it will go in the trash. Yes, the razor is that bad. There is no way anybody could be convinced to stick with DE shaving if their razor performs as poorly as mine did.

While the heavy handle is nice, the head is so cheaply made that nothing lines up, the safety bar is crooked, all of the corners are sharp/jagged, and it just feels REALLY cheap. I got a couple passes in and called it quits. I tried a better blade in it and the shave stayed the same.

So for someone on the fence, I'd say pass on this deal that seems too good to be true. It's not worth $5.

I'll try to snap pictures to show some of the issues with the razor.

-Mc

Well, mine came in last week and I attempted to try it on Sunday. For $5 I got 25 blades made in China, shaving creme I may or may not ever use, and a DE razor that was so poorly made it will go in the trash. Yes, the razor is that bad. There is no way anybody could be convinced to stick with DE shaving if their razor performs as poorly as mine did.

While the heavy handle is nice, the head is so cheaply made that nothing lines up, the safety bar is crooked, all of the corners are sharp/jagged, and it just feels REALLY cheap. I got a couple passes in and called it quits. I tried a better blade in it and the shave stayed the same.

So for someone on the fence, I'd say pass on this deal that seems too good to be true. It's not worth $5.

I'll try to snap pictures to show some of the issues with the razor.

-Mc
Wow, that sucks. They must have some quality control issues. Mine has perfect blade alignment and shaves perfectly. The had feels solid. Granted I probably wouldn't have paid $35 at the retail price though since I could get an Edwin Jagger or similar for that price.
If I remember correctly the blades are personas but they don't have any stamping. At least Mantic says that they are personas.

Wow, that sucks. They must have some quality control issues. Mine has perfect blade alignment and shaves perfectly. The had feels solid. Granted I probably wouldn't have paid $35 at the retail price though since I could get an Edwin Jagger or similar for that price.
If I remember correctly the blades are personas but they don't have any stamping. At least Mantic says that they are personas.

Are Personas made in China (I honestly don't know if they make any there)? It says "Made in China" on all the blade tucks I received and I'm quite sure the razor is made there as well.

When I first tried the razor, I had to force one of the doors to close because it was aligned so poorly. I'm certainly not angry about the razor or anything. I just find it a disservice to DE shaving in general and they could have afforded to spend a little more on manufacturing considering what the subscription prices are.

Are Personas made in China (I honestly don't know if they make any there)? It says "Made in China" on all the blade tucks I received and I'm quite sure the razor is made there as well.

When I first tried the razor, I had to force one of the doors to close because it was aligned so poorly. I'm certainly not angry about the razor or anything. I just find it a disservice to DE shaving in general and they could have afforded to spend a little more on manufacturing considering what the subscription prices are.
I'm gonna need to go home and check the packaging again, cause if the blades are made in china then they've changed things. Personas are made in Israel I believe?
I agree, it is a disservice to new wet shavers. Have you contacted them to file a complaint?

Have you contacted them to file a complaint?

Nope. If I were to contact them it would be to let them know so they would be aware but chances are they are going to keep selling the same razor and nothing is going to be changed on it so there's really no point. I don't want another razor as I have low expectations a new one would be different. It's a very cheaply made razor. But even if it were decent, I was eventually going to PIF it anyway.

Keep me posted on your blades. Mine all say Made in China on the long edges. I'd be very curious to see if yours are actually different.

Keep me posted on your blades. Mine all say Made in China on the long edges. I'd be very curious to see if yours are actually different.
I just checked. The blades have no markings but the boxes do say made in China.
It's possible that the blades were made in China. But persona is known for having their boxes made in different countries and the blades made in Israel. The persona reds boxes are made in Mexico. I'm gonna reach out to them and find out.

My buddy got his "Last Razor" start pack last week as well. When I saw him yesterday (for the first time since he received it) the first words out of his mouth were "THAT THING SUCKED! It cut up my face!"

He brought his in today for me to look at and I think his was worse than mine was. The head was mounted to the handle crooked and like mine, the safety bar was uneven. Jagged corners and edges everywhere.

Had the razor been worth $5 I'd say definitely pick it up but it's literally the worst razor I've ever used and gave me the worst shave I can ever remember.

So I'm going to safely say that even for $5 I'd pass on "Last Razor" unless you really want some generic Chinese blades and a small tube of latherless shaving creme.

-Mc

I received my Last Razor and have been using it for the last three days. Although I don't care for the shave cream, I found the razor quite nice. Not quite up to the Gillette standards, still a very nice well made razor. Blade alignment and exposure were perfect. After shaving with another shave cream, I found the razor to provide an excellent shave that was medium aggressive. After three passes and a little touch-up I had a BBS shave. After changing to a feather blade and some Williams, I received a shave rivaling the best razors; two passes and a little buffing and a shave that you couldn't ever tell I had whiskers. Definitely a nice razor at an excellent price point. What a difference a nice lather and quality blade makes.

After using the Last Razor for a few more days, I must say I'm very impressed. Evidentially it took a few days to become used to it. Using a slightly shallower angle seems to work best. It just seems to get better and better. In addition to being a quality top notch product, it provides me with close comfortable shaves comparable to some high end razors costing much more.
There is literally nothing to complain about with this razor; heavyweight, Well balanced, high quality fit and finish, perfect blade alignment, smooth operation, great value, and a shaving tool that should last a lifetime or more.
Reading through some of the previous posts I can only conclude that they are confusing Last Razor with something else. This is a top notch product that anyone would be proud to own, regardless of price. Pair it with a quality blade and you will have a fine shaving tool.

Top Bottom