What's new

Anybody see "Up" yet?

Saw it the other day, in 3D. Awesome! I really enjoyed it, as I have every other Pixar film. And the 3D was spectacular, very natural and realistic. Overall it was very enjoyable and I highly recommend it!

I'm looking forward to seeing this too -- looks much less "formulaic" than a lot of the animated films that've come out of that stable over the past several years.

Wow. I totally forgot this movie came out. I guess being in Japan kinda took me out of the loop. Anyway, it ain't comin out here until December...

I saw it earlier this week, but not in 3D. I thought it was really enjoyable as well. A few sad parts in the beginning though...

I'm looking forward to watching this. Some have said that this one is the best Pixar movie yet. Hehe, and that talking dog cracks me up.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I saw it and loved it. Its kinda weird that EVERY Pixar movie has been a hit. They havent had a stinker yet. Good thing for the consumer. And as always the short animated before the movie was just as stellar IMHO.

The first 15 minutes were incredibly eloquent, much like the first half of Wall-E. Those Pixar guys really take care in what they're doing.

I worked on one of the extra features that will go on the UP Blueray disc when it's released. As part of preproduction for UP, they sent the director, production designer and a number of artists to Venezuela to visit the Angel Falls area, to study and draw and video the Tepuis, the tabletop mountains. These guys went through a lot to get ideas on how to represent the Tepuis in the film. It seemed a lot more stenuous than being sent to Paris, for Ratatouille, to see what Parisian light and behind-the-scenes in a Parisian's restaurant kitchen is like. :001_smile

ogopogo...wait until you see the dog in the context of the movie. I haven't laughed so hard in a while!

We saw it by accident. How that happened was that we were going to see an improv performance in another part of the building, but it was sold out. So we caught the movie instead.

Up is a very enjoyable film, even when it isn't in 3D. Well worth seeing, I've always been a Pixar fan.

We saw the 3D version also and felt ripped off. Nothing in the usual pop out at you 3D rendering was seen by us. Enjoyed the movie very much though.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
We saw the 3D version also and felt ripped off. Nothing in the usual pop out at you 3D rendering was seen by us. Enjoyed the movie very much though.

I thought the 3D was excellent. I appreciated there were no cheesy objects being thrown at you.

I thought the 3D was excellent. I appreciated there were no cheesy objects being thrown at you.

I have trouble seeing 3D but the new technology helps. But for the extra money I wanted more. But again, touching movie that had lots of laughs as well.

well as my posts would tell you, YES.

I would respectfully, TOTALLY disagree. The 3D is fantastic and very subtle. There are many times that you don't notice it, but when you do it's breathtaking. The film was created with 3D in the minds of its creators, and it shows. It's no gimmick, and absolutely worth it!

I took my 3 year old son (well, 2 years, 263 days) to see it as his first ever theater movie. He enjoyed it, but obviously did not "get" it. As for me, I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was far deeper than I expected it to be, but in a good way. As usual, the opening Pixar short film was nothing short of outstanding as well.

I took my 3 year old son (well, 2 years, 263 days) to see it as his first ever theater movie. He enjoyed it, but obviously did not "get" it. As for me, I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was far deeper than I expected it to be, but in a good way. As usual, the opening Pixar short film was nothing short of outstanding as well.

oh yes, the opening short was a wonderful no speaking story.

Top Bottom