What's new

Anybody see the SpaceX launch this morning?

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
@Ad Astra did you see it? Not sure if you're on the east coast or if it was visible from your location but I was on my regular morning run at 6:00am and Holeeee Smokes....it was pretty spectacular from here in western NC. I thought it was a comet. Had no idea until I made it into to work and one of my coworkers confirmed what it was.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
@Ad Astra did you see it? Not sure if you're on the east coast or if it was visible from your location but I was on my regular morning run at 6:00am and Holeeee Smokes....it was pretty spectacular from here in western NC. I thought it was a comet. Had no idea until I made it into to work and one of my coworkers confirmed what it was.

No, I did not! Not possible from here on the Gulf Coast. But launches are spectacular, period! Wife and I did attend the Boeing Starliner launch in 2019. Truly a bucket list item for anyone interested in space or science.

Now Elon's Starlink launches are also amazing - the night after they make orbit. There's a train of 30 or so satellites, before they are boosted to individual orbits, come whizzing overhead in a pack or train - absolutely spectacular. One after another... 🤔 Heard people yelling, though they were seeing a UFO fleet. There are sites to predict when and where to see.

And as always, Spot the Station...

We never miss a 4-6 minute pass.

Congrats on the sighting!

AA

Top Bottom