What's new

Anybody here buy soap off Etsy?

I made the mistake of entering "shave soap" in the search box on Etsy. Holy smoke, there's a heck of a lot of folks selling shaving soap on that site!

Just curious if anyone has experience buying shaving soap from some of the craftmade/artisian soapmakers on Etsy, and how it went for you.

I may take the plunge just to see.

I bought some soap from Etsy a couple of years ago that had some excellent reviews. It was cheap, so I thought what the heck - it was utter rubbish, producing only suds, so it went in the bin.

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of hit and miss with a marketplace like etsy. That said, there are sure to be some great gems tucked away. I'd love to learn about some smaller vendors who make good product!

Recent experience with Mystic Water, bath soap bars, solid shampoo bars and shaving soap samples. Wonderful products! Will be a repeat customer.
I lloked at there website a while back. They have a large choice of scents. I liked that they have shaveing soap sticks.

I bought This one on Etsy.

1661870600970.png

It is very good and you get 15% off coupon on your second order from Humphresy's Handmade.

Danielle’s Soapery has a good shave soap. I like the base but the scents seem to be a little too much on the sweet side for me. I kind of wish there was an unscented option

Most shave soaps from random soapmakers are absolute garbage. All the good artisan soapmakers have rave reviews here on B&B. So it's risky business. If you can't get good shaving lather, you can always use it for showering.

The popular artisan soaps are soft tallow based or hard glycerin pucks. If you find one that's not in one of those categories, it's probably a waste of money.

I have. As the post above says long rifle. It's just fabulous. It's my favorite scent and my favorite soap to use. Luxurious yet not very expensive.

Attachments

• 20220105_153749.jpg
    20220105_153749.jpg
    942.1 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom