What's new

Anybody hear from B&B member "JetPilot"?

Just curious whether anybody knows the whereabouts of Larry, aka "JetPilot" here on the forum.

He was working on making his own shave soaps, and sent me a couple of samples a number of months back. I was communicating with him by PM and giving him feedback about his soaps/scents, etc.

Out of the blue I don't hear from him for quite some time. When I contacted him, he told me that he was having cluster headaches that came on suddenly and that therefore he had to put the soapmaking on hold.

Recently I have tried to contact him just to make sure he's ok but I haven't heard back.

If you know who he is, please let me know if he's ok. Thanks.

I was thinking about him the other day as I as I was using his first soap sample that he sent out. Hope he's ok, thoughts and prayers headed your way @Jetpilot .

Same, was thinking about him the other day, haven’t heard from him for a while, was using a soap sample he sent me the other day.

His thread on making soap was pretty active when I first joined B&B. He inspired me to try my hand at it. I’ve made about 12-15 batches of regular soap, and two different recipes for shaving soap. I’ve got several samples if anyone is interested. I don’t sell shaving soap, and don’t want to. Just so the mods know, it’s all for fun.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
His thread on making soap was pretty active when I first joined B&B. He inspired me to try my hand at it. I’ve made about 12-15 batches of regular soap, and two different recipes for shaving soap. I’ve got several samples if anyone is interested. I don’t sell shaving soap, and don’t want to. Just so the mods know, it’s all for fun.
Boy, I hope he's ok. I've noticed quite a few of us have disappeared as of late. Yeah, I'm talking about you, @Macfrommichigan !

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Was it hard to learn how to do it? I've always been interested in trying my hand at it, just to say I did!

If you didn’t blow anything up in high school chemistry, you’ll be fine. I recommend Jan Berry’s “Simple & Natural Soapmaking.” She also goes by The Nerdy Farm Wife on the interweb and has an online course on her blog site. She has a really good shaving soap recipe in the book that I had good success with. I also tried the Silverfox recipe, which is public domain, but a bit more involved.

If you didn’t blow anything up in high school chemistry, you’ll be fine. I recommend Jan Berry’s “Simple & Natural Soapmaking.” She also goes by The Nerdy Farm Wife on the interweb and has an online course on her blog site. She has a really good shaving soap recipe in the book that I had good success with. I also tried the Silverfox recipe, which is public domain, but a bit more involved.
Can't say I never blew anything up in high school chemistry, but at least it was never by accident :cool: .

Yeah, I tried PM'ing him some time ago but never got a response. Hope is doing well. Maybe someone has his contact information and can check in on him.

Top Bottom