What's new

Anybody ever heard of Bath House "Spanish Fig and Nutmeg" cologne?

One of the samples I got from Colonial Drug is a fragrance called "Spanish Fig and Nutmeg." It's a really great scent, but my wife thinks it's a little too feminine.

I googled "spanish fig and nutmeg" and found the home page of this company called "Bath House." They are a British company and they make all kinds of personal care products. The line includes one other cologne ("bergamot and amber" is the only description), and it also includes a shaving soap in the "spanish fig and nutmeg" scent.

I'm intrigued by the idea of both the cologne and the shaving soap, and I was just wondering if anybody had ever had any experience with this English company and their products.

(By the way, the stuff must be pretty obscure, because I couldn't find it at all on basenotes.)

One of the samples I got from Colonial Drug is a fragrance called "Spanish Fig and Nutmeg." It's a really great scent, but my wife thinks it's a little too feminine.

I googled "spanish fig and nutmeg" and found the home page of this company called "Bath House." They are a British company and they make all kinds of personal care products. The line includes one other cologne ("bergamot and amber" is the only description), and it also includes a shaving soap in the "spanish fig and nutmeg" scent.

I'm intrigued by the idea of both the cologne and the shaving soap, and I was just wondering if anybody had ever had any experience with this English company and their products.

(By the way, the stuff must be pretty obscure, because I couldn't find it at all on basenotes.)

Yes indeed. I got a puck of the shaving soap; a sample vial of the scent was included in the package.

The soap is very, very good and has been reviewed on this site. It's veggie-based but still a quality product. The cologne matches the soap's scent very well. I don't find it to be feminine at all -- if anything, "subtle" is a better word. To me, it's got a very laid-back, somewhat powdery (but not sweet) quality. The smell of nutmeg is prominent. I like it very much.

I was sure nobody would have any idea what I was talking about.

I really do enjoy the fragrance of the cologne. I'm going to try it out a few more days and then make a decision about buying a bottle of it, despite my wife's mild objection to it as "girly." I really like that it doesn't smell like any cologne I've ever found in a department store. I'll also be sure I'm the only guy around rockin' this cologne.

Now you've got me intrigued about the soap, too. I don't really need a new shaving soap, but then again.......:wink2:

Oh yes, very good stuff. I actually picked mine up on one of my monthly trips to Colonial Drugs. Smells great. The soap shaves about as well as you can expect from a vegetarian. If only they'd add some swine or lamb...Seriously, it is a great winter frag, goes well with K10's smokiness.

Last edited:
Just found this thread in a search. Love Phiosykos but don't want to pay that much for a bottle. I have the Spanish Fig & Nutmeg soap and think it smells great. Can anyone compare the colognes?

Top Bottom