What's new

Anybody else use two razors for a single shave?

I very often use 2 razors in my daily shaves. The first 2 passes are usually with an SR or my Feather AC SS, the final pass and any cleanup needed is usually done with a DE or SE.

Last week I was evaluating a straight from a passaround. I switched off metered that and one of my own, even shaving with one in each hand for a while before I realized how silly that must be.

I always finish with a DSC 4 blade cart. There are some places where the DE dare not tread. WTG, ATG, ATG on neck only and ATG with the cart.

I very often use 2 razors in my daily shaves. The first 2 passes are usually with an SR or my Feather AC SS, the final pass and any cleanup needed is usually done with a DE or SE.

Same here. When I have time, first 2 passes with Feather DX followed up by DE pass 3 and cleanup.

I love my razors and it's nice to use a couple for a shave. I'll generally start with a SE like ER1912, ER1924, Clog-Pruf, SE1. That will cut very close on the first pass, and I get plenty of audio feedback so I know where it's cutting. Then over to a nice DE open comb for second pass and cleanups, especially under the nose. I'm using a Gillette Old Type right now, but have a NEW LC on the way and I really should also try a Fatip Grande. Between the two razors I have everything I need for a very close and enjoyable shave.

Done that when testing a blade. I've changed the setting on an adjustable during a shave. Found GEM type razor can be challenging in tight spots like under nose and have used a small head Schick injector E1 for area just under nose.

i will often use a DE to clean up after a straight shave, with no embarrassment!!

art of shaving peppermint thiers issard truefitt hill freshman yeti snot december 6 2015.jpg

Top Bottom