What's new

Anybody do this?

For the longest time, I kept hearing, “moisturizing soap” and thought, how could a soap be moisturizing? I bought some of the vendors, whose soap is reviewed as such. I tried different methods, and although sometimes I could feel some type of residual slickness after shaving, it was never what others had claimed. Until today. I shaved with my B&M Hallows soap and had taken a bit too much, didn’t put it back in the container and proceeded to shave. After, I cleaned everything and closed the container forgetting about the bit left out. Being too lazy, and wanting a bit more of that amazing scent, I just washed my hands with it. Well, lo and behold! My hands dried and they felt smooth, and MOISTURIZED! I grabbed a bit more and just put it on my face, and it feels moisturized! Wow! My skin is rather oily as it is, and it gets pretty dry after showering, but man oh man now I understand! Now, does anybody do this as their habitual shaving routine?

Congrats, Sir Daibouken, on your discovery of residual glycerin in shave soap lather!
The leftover shave soap lather provides a wonderful, and "free", aftershave moisturizer!
I routinely do this, then wipe it off, followed by a cool washcloth wipe.
After, a normal aftershave splash or cologne.
All good!!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
If you shower after shaving then rub the left over lather all over your body before you shower as most lather has great skin conditioning ingredients. I avoid my scalp as I find it can cause dandruff. If your partner is about to shower then rub the lather all over them - works for me and my wife. You might find yourself timing your shave just right, and making a bit of extra lather on purpose 😁

It's actually a part of my post-shave care routine :
After last pass I rinse with icy cold water.Apply left over lather in whole face and neck .
Let it sit ,while I clean & dry the gear and then once again
rinse with ice-cold water.
Apply a HA serum and then some after shave lotion (alcohol).
During winter time I finish with some after -shave balm .

I just tried something a little different. I shaved as usual, I used Declaration Grooming this time. After shaving and rinsing everything, my face was completely dry but before putting the soap away, I scooped a bit out. I proceeded to rub it on my dry face, as if it were lotion, then rinsed it off. I kid you not, I believe I rubbed the oils from the soap onto my face because I feel ultra smooth! It might just be me, but I felt a difference. I’m gonna try the same with other soaps and see what happens!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If you shower after shaving then rub the left over lather all over your body before you shower as most lather has great skin conditioning ingredients. I avoid my scalp as I find it can cause dandruff. If your partner is about to shower then rub the lather all over them - works for me and my wife. You might find yourself timing your shave just right, and making a bit of extra lather on purpose 😁
Brother, I gotta work on my moves. I just got my face slapped!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Brother, I gotta work on my moves. I just got my face slapped!
What - with your good looks? Surely not!

No - you are not looking in a mirror 😁

gc.jpg

Top Bottom