What's new

Any WTG Only Shavers ?

The top London barber salons like Trumpers and Truefitf and Hill etc.. advocate shaving WTG only.

I've broken with my normal regime of WTG/XTG/ATG and have found that I can still get an equally close shave with three WTG passes providing I use pre-shave and hot flannels before and between passes -This probably is the reason why the top salons wrap their clients in hot towels beforehand to aid exfoiliation.

No doubt these salons, only recommend WTG and shave their clients WTG only, is that their clients skin looks good afterwards with no nicks or weepers. -And since you're paying them to shave you, you don't want to be butchered !

Last edited:
Right here✋

I do a 2 pass WTG, but I do spend time prepping well and I do a fair amount of skin stretching so the hairs stick up and get cut right at skin level, DFS every time, and the only difference between that and BBS is by touch, I cant see the difference otherwise, except if I chase BBS my face will be a bit on fire for a while and tend to get some ingrowns here and there, that why ATG is not for me, definitely doable but just don't care for the perfect baby smooth feel, it only last couple hours the most anyways.

I never was in the past but lately have been very successful with 2 WTG passes combined with cold water, skin stretching, and a thinner lather then usual. This was with an old style 37c, I'm going to try this with a 15c today.

Last edited:
I only shave WTG; typically 1-1.5 passess (touchups), occasionally when I have time WTG x 2 with razors that don't irritate my skin.

Not really, but if I want a 1-pass shave, I do it XTG face and N to S neck (which is WTG/ATG/XTG all at the same time, due to how my beard grows on my neck; strange, I know). Since I shave every day, this results in a pretty good shave. Not perfect, but definitely not bad. Can be done in 60 seconds with a DE or a SE, little bit more time is needed with a straight/shavette. :) WTG only gives me a very average daily shave, even if I do multiple passes. Basically, multiple WTG passes for me are more or less the same as 1 WTG pass.

I'm usually WTG and only one pass. I have fine facial hairs, and a relatively thin beard, so not much else is needed for me to get to DFS. Occasionally I'll need to do a little touch up with a second pass if I've left it to grow for four or five days. Or if I just feel like I don't want to be done shaving...

If I didn’t go for my usual BBS result I would do only WTG. I shave in many directions to get a super close shave. I always have done this...
Next shave however I will try 2 WTG only passes and see how it turns out.
Maybe I will like it.

I either do 1 WTG then touch ups or 1 WTG and 1 XTG (on neck I do WTG twice though). My neck is very sensitive and I get a lot of razor bumps if I do more than 2 passes or ATG.

WTG does very little for me except for very minor beard reduction. 4 days a week, I do a 3 pass daily BBS and 2 of the 3 days I work, the least I will do, due to time constraints, is 2 passes- ATG and XTG for a DFS. On my head, I will just do 1 WTG pass on the 2 time sensitive work days for a SAS. Otherwise, it gets a 3 pass daily BBS as well.

I have tried a single WTG pass on my face before and didn't even feel like I shaved at all. A single ATG pass at least gives me a CCS, ATG /XTG gives me at least at most a DFS.

Top Bottom