What's new

Any Warm Weather Shaving Adjustments?

Curious if the veteran BB folks make any shaving adjustments for warm weather? I had a beard for 30+ years and back into DE / wet shaving since December 2011 and this will be the 1st summer w/o a beard! Only issue of note so far is I don't face lather as i break out with a irritation whenever I tried.

Gene

I use cold water in the summer. Just more comfortable for me with cold water when it is hot weather

summer is when I move into the menthol creams. Menthol and eucalyptus seem to go better in the summer

During the summer I too move onto the mentholated products. I also use less shave balm due to sweating. The only one I will use is Nivea Sensitive Balm since it is really light weight in nature.

Nothing like a Proraso menthol shave followed by Osage rub, Alcolado, or Barbasol pacific rush. Combine all together and you might not get feeling back in your face for hours.
Aaron

Still very inexperienced, but in the past few weeks I've been reaching mostly for the Proraso cream, peppermint/eucalyptus WH, and Nivea Cool Kick AS balm. Love the cooling feeling on the early morning walk to the lab.

I use luke warm water now a days, that seems to best if you are to ask me.

+1 on this so far as I tend to really use a HOT water prep and this went better.

Today I used Arko Cool Cream, Thayer's WH & Nivea ASB with a new Nacent blade in a EJde89l that went very well and had a nice shave on a warm Spring day in the Boston area. As a "personal treat" for meeting some friends, I used D.R. Harris Arlington that just arrived the other day but I have Osage, Pinaud Citrus Musk and a few others on hand so will work them into the summer rotation!

Gene

Digging on the CO Bigelow now that mother nature decided to deprive us of spring. Splash cold water after and OOOOHHHH... AAAHHHH... goodness.

Aussie summer was interesting.

I favoured cooler water in the basin and reached for the Proraso green more often than not.

Also, 2 WTG passes and some light touch up to just make it DFS was enough to stop me getting all shiny and prone to heat rash in the neck area with a heavily starched collar and tie all day (Yep, corporate!).

There are certain products that I prefer for warmer weather such as citrus scented products, White tub Proraso, CF Lime, TOBS Avocado SC and D R Harris Arlington to name a few. Some products go well all year round but these are some that I especially like in warm weather.

Regards,

Doug

I use cold water in the summer. Just more comfortable for me with cold water when it is hot weather

summer is when I move into the menthol creams. Menthol and eucalyptus seem to go better in the summer

^This^
I really enjoy Mama Bear's Grapefruit Ice myself along with some Floid aftershave to really cool things down.

i switch outs scents from warmer woody types, to fresh citrus stuff, and also switch from heavy balms to lighter lotions as we get major changes here I certainly do have a different den in summer from winter

Top Bottom