What's new

Any Thoughts on The Blades Grim

I came across a brand of shave soap called The Blades Grim. The cost is about $15 US. Amazon reviews look good. I was wondering if anyone has used it and what they thought about it as I am considering buying it.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
It is excellent soap, made by Maria Armond, who makes soaps for Maggards and also has her own line.

Cheers, Steve

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
It's excellent, the limes and bergamot she does for Maggards is just a classic.

Cheers, Steve

It was one of the first soaps I bought but I've only used it a couple of times -- I have way too many soaps to go through. It's a fine soap with a rich lather and a great scent. I use their Smolder pre-shave oil quite often. I checked out their website and found they have several more soaps which I hadn't seen on Amazon. Of course I ordered three more.....

Maria makes great products. She also makes TTFFC and Maggard's soap as well as Blades Grim. All are great soaps, but different consistencies. Maggards has samples of most of her soaps, so you can try a few and see how well you like it.

I have a The Blades Grim pre-shave oil, and for me it's the best pre-shave oil I've had. As for the soap, I haven't tried it, but I've heard it's good, but not the absolute best.

I have smolder shave soap, love the scent, but the lather isn't all that great. It is very thin and not remotely comparable to my Stirling soaps. I should probably revisit it though to make sure my opinion has not changed.

It is the only soap I have as I am fairly new to this. That being said I find it lathers OK, it has a slick feel, and the "Smolder" scent I find pleasing.

It's excellent, the limes and bergamot she does for Maggards is just a classic.

Cheers, Steve

Coincidentally, that exact Maggard's flavor just got delivered today, along with a new puck of the Fine AB. I am definitely looking forward to trying it as soon as I finish evaluating Fine's!

Who is this Maria everyone speaks of? I have gathered that this person is a soap maker.

Yes - she runs Through The Fire Fine Crafts, but also makes soaps for other vendors, most famously - Maggard razors. These aren't re-labels either. They have their own scents. She's well known because she is very good at what she does :)

Top Bottom