What's new

Any "The Chosen" fans out there?

With season two episodes now coming out, I wondered if anyone had been watching The Chosen? Our family is engrossed in it. Yup, actually bought (well, was gifted) the T shirt.

For those scratching their heads, The Chosen is an independently produced, crowd funded, multi-seasonal show centered on the life of Jesus. I would say it is innovative in that it develops back stories and fleshes out characters and relationships in a way that imagines what the people of the New Testament passages might have been like. In that way, it brings forward characters, including Jesus, in an engaging, endearing and very relatable manner. That, to me, is a hallmark of a quality production. It definitely takes a degree artistic license with well known characters and passages but IMO, I don't think it's taken too much of a flyer yet. There are no big name actors except for Eric Avari, but there is some real talent in this cast.

You can view past livestreams on YouTube or on their app or website. If you are interested, I'd recommend starting with the pilot and then moving through Season 1.

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea and that is totally fine. Might even be offputting to some to bring up a religiously oriented post. So be it. But even just the concept of a production raising $10MM in less than a year largely from small individual donors to fund a season of episodes is pretty interesting and a different approach these days.

We enjoyed season 1 & will be getting started on season 2 sometime soon. We’ve enjoyed how the writers are bringing out the personalities of the characters. It’s very well done, IMHO.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
With season two episodes now coming out, I wondered if anyone had been watching The Chosen? Our family is engrossed in it. Yup, actually bought (well, was gifted) the T shirt.

For those scratching their heads, The Chosen is an independently produced, crowd funded, multi-seasonal show centered on the life of Jesus. I would say it is innovative in that it develops back stories and fleshes out characters and relationships in a way that imagines what the people of the New Testament passages might have been like. In that way, it brings forward characters, including Jesus, in an engaging, endearing and very relatable manner. That, to me, is a hallmark of a quality production. It definitely takes a degree artistic license with well known characters and passages but IMO, I don't think it's taken too much of a flyer yet. There are no big name actors except for Eric Avari, but there is some real talent in this cast.

You can view past livestreams on YouTube or on their app or website. If you are interested, I'd recommend starting with the pilot and then moving through Season 1.

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea and that is totally fine. Might even be offputting to some to bring up a religiously oriented post. So be it. But even just the concept of a production raising $10MM in less than a year largely from small individual donors to fund a season of episodes is pretty interesting and a different approach these days.
My Wife and I look forward to every episode , I have personally watched season 1 a few times and have watched season 2 - episodes 1,2 and 3 and find it very interesting and thought provoking . My favorite line so far from season 1 is "you are mine" it gives me chills everytime I hear it .
I do however find the Book to be better 😊 thanks for starting this thread 👍

The Chosen is one of my absolute favorite things on film, period. It's just plain fantastic, and beautifully portrays the most important person in all of creation.

Yeah, I like it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom