What's new

Any swimmers out there?

Are there any swimmers out there who use ear plugs? I just started a swimming regimen and have to use ear plugs. This means I have to find something to sterilize the ear plugs in. Something to soak them in and use over and over between each swim. Does just plain alcohol from the drug store do the trick? Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks.

I swim and have had my fair share of ear infections due to this, but I've never needed to wear ear plugs. I think you'd be fine with washing the plugs with soap and warm water and leaving them out to dry completely before using them again. It'd also be a good idea to pour rubbing alcohol in your ears after each swim.

I used Mack's silicone earplugs (the soft malleable kind) pretty exclusively. They are available at most drug stores (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid) and aren't too expensive.

You don't clean them as far as I remember but it's been years. Nothing ever kept water out better than these and I tried everything that was available at the time.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Long ago, in a galaxy far away.......

Store your ear plugs in a film can, if they still make them. :001_rolle

I was a swimmer for many years.

Honestly, I suggest not using ear plugs, and simply squirting, pouring, or rubbing a bit of rubbing alcohol in your ears after you get out of the pool. Just put some in and tilt your head over so it runs in your canal, then you're done. The alcohol dries all the water out of your ear so infections don't occur.

There is a product called "swimmers ear" that is basically the same thing as rubbing alcohol.

Top Bottom