What's new

Any suggestions for now/next shaving brush

Hi comrades,

I was wondering what your suggestions would be if I give you a thread for now/next shaving brush. A have, and really love it, an Omega boar – been with me around 20 years. And two synthetics: MenRock The Brush and Yaqi 30mm Knot Black Synthetic. I bought MenRock on sale because was curious about synthetics. I bought Yaqi been curies about BIG knot on my face. And concluded they are very practical.
And now I’m wondering should I replace my loved one, gift from my father, with now boar brush? I found out Omega still produce the same brush – here . Or it’s better to look for the unknown? Can’t explain what is it so much in boar brush, but it must be something with the work of lathering in a bowl, using different soaps. Long time have being using creams for facelather, not any more.
What i want from my next brush is a good question. NO Badger Effect, Pure bristle. Don’t expect to be amused from badger, not yet! But long handle will be something new. Knot size – not big, not to small. Budget is low to medium. You did not expected that, did you!
Brushes that have already catch my eye - complete absence.

Please, no talks about SBAD. It is not the case, definitely!

Thanks Doc4 for How to get good brush-picking-&-buying advice

END

P.S. Europe stuff will be great. Home sweet home
IMG_20220621_143305.jpg
IMG_20220621_145503.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
This isn't the cheapest boar brush around.... but the handle is special and the knot is excellent. The handle feels amazing in my hand. And it's on sale.

You've found an Omega "sweet spot" with the medium sized knots of around 24mm with 55mm loft. You could vary that a little bit depending on your preferences. I'll point out several candidates.

Omega 11137 - ash wood boar 24mm. Excellent all-around.

1655858640675.png

Omega 10081 - beehive boar (smaller 23mm). Great.

1655858773109.png

Omega 80080 - beehive boar (larger 25mm). Also great.

1655858936489.png

Omega 10108 - pro boar with reduced loft (27mm). Excellent brush in a larger form factor. Not too big for face lathering, and holds a lot of lather. Also works very well with bowl lathering.

1655859006842.png

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
You've found an Omega "sweet spot" with the medium sized knots of around 24mm with 55mm loft. You could vary that a little bit depending on your preferences. I'll point out several candidates.

Omega 11137 - ash wood boar 24mm. Excellent all-around.

View attachment 1476109

Omega 10081 - beehive boar (smaller 23mm). Great.

View attachment 1476110

Omega 80080 - beehive boar (larger 25mm). Also great.

View attachment 1476113
Omega 10108 - pro boar with reduced loft (27mm). Excellent brush in a larger form factor. Not too big for face lathering, and holds a lot of lather. Also works very well with bowl lathering.

View attachment 1476114
I have a 10108 as well.... lovely brush. I think it outperforms its price point, that's for sure.

Omega has some wonderful inexpensive boar brushes, I have several & enjoy them all. You can certainly purchase direct from Omega. Another vendor in Europe is Connaught Shaving. For a bit more money you can get a very nice performing Zenith boar. Check the Gentle Shave website, they are in Europe. Semogue is the next step up in price & may be more than you need to spend to get an excellent brush that will give you years of enjoyment. Whatever you decide, enjoy!!!

You really can't beat an inexpensive boar brush, they work great. I like that you can get a good performing value boar with a hollow plastic handle for 10 bucks or spend a bit more and get the same performance with a nicer handle.

Top Bottom