What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Stirling's soap samples and very good bargains. I can get quite a few shaves from them. They also sell plastic that fit the samples quite nicely. You could get a nice sampling to try. Barbershop is, as mentioned, powdery vanilla. Baker St. is sharp and herbal. Love the stuff. My absolute favorite is Iced Pineapple.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Maybe the varen or the spice from Stirling might come close to the scent of Brut. I wonder how close you could get if the two were mixed

Funny you mention Varen and Spice, I did wind up narrowing it down to those two and of the two I ordered a full bottle of Stirling Spice as that is the closest to Brut from them I came across for sure. I actually do not care for Varen as a scent for EDT, soaps on the other hand I find it somewhat pleasing, oddly enough.

I agree about the samples. Instead of a coin sized tin you have to scoop out like some other artisans; Stirling sends a sort of thin 1 oz. slice that fits nicely in a plastic 4.5 oz. tub you can buy for $2.75. It will last longer than you'd think. I like citrus; my "go to" summer soap is Margaritas in the Artic. Orange Chill is pretty heavily mentholated, really refreshing. Their Lime soap is nice, Gin and Tonic on the rocks is great.

Absolutely agreed with Stirling Soap samples!! Best way to try various scents at an affordable price. If you get enough, it'll last quite a while...
These are mine...I have 13 samples and all are pressed into this cheap inter-lockable plastic container. I can load with my brush directly which I did this morning...
20210301_203955.jpg
20210117_220602.jpg
20210117_220220.jpg
20210412_140826.jpg

20210321_110111.jpg

Many thanks for your suggestions. Sounds like the generous samples are the way to go. Yes, the classic/old school vibe is what I am searching for. Based on your recommendations, and from Rod himself, I think I will go with
  • Executive Man (best seller)
  • Haverford
  • Stirling Gentleman
  • Baker Street
  • Bergamot Lavender
  • Varen
Anyone familiar with the Varen? Is it anything like Good Fellas Smile Amber Fougere?

Varren is a strong fougere with a lot of oakmoss, so old-school would fit. It also uses the Stirling mutton tallow base, so you will have a chance to try that.

Reactions: ewk
If I could give my two cents, I'd pick an "out of left field" sample as well. Your son's favorites list is so diverse it seems like you can't go wrong giving something that you may not even consider.

My favorites from Stirling are Executive Man and Sharp Dressed Man, but I've never been let down by anything I've tried from them.

I would like to make a graduation gift of some Stirling soaps to my son, but I have not yet used their soaps. I have read the descriptions on their website, but my mind is having trouble translating what I know he likes to match those soap scents. I write to ask for recommendation on which Sterling scents he might like. His favorites from samples we have tried so far, in order of his preference:

1. B&M Lime-Lavender-Cedarwood
2. Good Fellas Smile Amber Fougere
3. Tabac (yes, Tabac! That's my boy!)
4. B&M Seville.

I am thinking Barbershop is a safe bet. What others might fit?
If he is not allergic to lanolin, then gift him some Sheep. If he is, then look at something else. To me the Sheep gives the softest skin after several uses and it’s nice and slick. The scent isn’t much, but then scent is a fleeting experience and over emphasized to me.

Did you guys see the epic release Stirling put out today?! Unfortunately I can't handle the glacials, which quite a few are (really wanted Peach without the menthol), BUT, I had to jump on the re-release of South Padre, and Campania sounds incredible! Also grabbed Amber Waves and Pearberry. The gang at Stirling just keeps rocking it!

Just and FYI! Looks like Stirling has created some new scents and resupplied some seasonal ones!

From what I can see on their site;

Campania
Citron Glacial (yes please!!)
Peach Glacial
Black Cherry Glacial
Satsuma Glacial
South Padre
Waves of Grain

Now I just need to wait until a reseller gets them in stock, they still aren't shipping to Canada :c17:

Just and FYI! Looks like Stirling has created some new scents and resupplied some seasonal ones!

From what I can see on their site;

Campania
Citron Glacial (yes please!!)
Peach Glacial
Black Cherry Glacial
Satsuma Glacial
South Padre
Waves of Grain

Now I just need to wait until a reseller gets them in stock, they still aren't shipping to Canada :c17:
Afaik topofthechain always had stirling even samples and I see last years specials (iced coffee) the newer ones are a matter of time I guess

I'm not sure the samples are a good idea. I bought a bunch and now I want everything I sampled. 🤣
Did you guys see the epic release Stirling put out today?! Unfortunately I can't handle the glacials, which quite a few are (really wanted Peach without the menthol), BUT, I had to jump on the re-release of South Padre, and Campania sounds incredible! Also grabbed Amber Waves and Pearberry. The gang at Stirling just keeps rocking it!
Just got an email from them about it today. The Campania does sound good. I may have to try it out soon

Agreed, definitely a nice scent. Lighter strength than the typical Stirling offering, but still persistent enough to carry on post shave. As there are a lot of citrus type notes therein, I did notice a waxing and waning during the shave. In the end, I could smell it for a while afterwards.

Bonus, I also bought the Bath soap and immediately used it. Another good, light but persistent smell. [emoji106]

Definitely a winner. Next up ... I get to try the Pearberry re-release (first time for me).

Edit: tried adding a quote to address more recent posts, but Tapatalk won out and I just went with a straight up blank post. Lol.

My favorite Stirling soaps are: Executive Man, Sharp Dressed Man, Baker Street, Sheep & Barbershop. In my opinion you can't go wrong with Stirling, great prices, lather and slickness after the shave. I got the email of the new scents and want to try some, but have to use up others first.

Top Bottom