What's new

Stirling Syndicate

For some reason all Stirling topics get moved here but yet there are dozens of A&E, GD, B&M, Tabac, & Arko threads that littler the soap forum all the time!! Makes no sense to me...
Ugh... [rolling eye's] That's where I posted, in the soap forum.

Well, thank you for the explanation (of sorts)!

I'm not normally one to try a shaving soap JUST because of the scent but... I have to admit "Shadow Orchid" from Stirling has piqued my curiosity and I can't eeeven begin to wrap my brain around how it might come across.

The profile reads as follows: "A deep, dark scent that boasts of chocolate, truffles, and patchouli followed by orchid, vanilla, incense, amber, and pepper. It's finished off with floral, fruity, and sandalwood notes."

I know it's a very subjective thing but I would be interested to hear opinions from those that have tried this soap.
It's a dupe of Tom Ford Black Orchid. It's a nice blend of Floral, Plum, and vanilla for me. Leans more on the feminine side but I do enjoy it. I usually don't enjoy floral scents but this one is an exception.

It's a dupe of Tom Ford Black Orchid. It's a nice blend of Floral, Plum, and vanilla for me. Leans more on the feminine side but I do enjoy it. I usually don't enjoy floral scents but this one is an exception.
Thank you, that's very helpful! I think I'm going to have to give this one a try.

/still annoyed my original post got moved...

For some reason all Stirling topics get moved here but yet there are dozens of A&E, GD, B&M, Tabac, & Arko threads that littler the soap forum all the time!! Makes no sense to me...
I went round and round with the moderators about this type of thing. I put my thoughts in the feedback section and kept them respectful so I didn't get tossed but they can do want they want. It is their sandbox. I believe their logic is that threads left on the soap forum are a sort of prohibited commercial advertising and drown out other threads. That, of course, does not explain why Tabac and Arko threads are allowed to pop up ad nauseum.

Maybe the varen or the spice from Stirling might come close to the scent of Brut. I wonder how close you could get if the two were mixed

M

mtcn77

Excellent input. Glad I got the Yaqi Slant, although Stirling razors are always on the horizon. I cannot keep my hands off the shiny ones.

M

mtcn77

I caved recently and ordered the dual plates w/Dallas handle myself, looking forward to taking it for a spin when it arrives
This gentleman is all tease, no shave even after a solid month. He even praises it in the comments section. Please don't be that guy and shave in front of the cameras and not behind the scenes.
We need more infomercials.

proxy.php

I took the leap! Arrived yesterday and had an absolutely wonderful shave. This is my first “high end” razor and I couldn’t be happier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to make a graduation gift of some Stirling soaps to my son, but I have not yet used their soaps. I have read the descriptions on their website, but my mind is having trouble translating what I know he likes to match those soap scents. I write to ask for recommendation on which Sterling scents he might like. His favorites from samples we have tried so far, in order of his preference:

1. B&M Lime-Lavender-Cedarwood
2. Good Fellas Smile Amber Fougere
3. Tabac (yes, Tabac! That's my boy!)
4. B&M Seville.

I am thinking Barbershop is a safe bet. What others might fit?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I would like to make a graduation gift of some Stirling soaps to my son, but I have not yet used their soaps. I have read the descriptions on their website, but my mind is having trouble translating what I know he likes to match those soap scents. I write to ask for recommendation on which Sterling scents he might like. His favorites from samples we have tried so far, in order of his preference:

1. B&M Lime-Lavender-Cedarwood
2. Good Fellas Smile Amber Fougere
3. Tabac (yes, Tabac! That's my boy!)
4. B&M Seville.

I am thinking Barbershop is a safe bet. What others might fit?
That’s quite a diverse group of scents. The Barbershop is very powdery/vanilla (if that helps) and ‘safe’ is probably an appropriate adjective. If he likes cologne-type scents, Executive Man might be a good choice.

Stirling's scent diversity is among the biggest out there so it really comes down to personal preference, for what its worth these are the ones I like

Piacenza ( adp colone like)
Executive man ( some say its leaning towards Creed aventus)
Barbershop
Bergamot lavender (special take on lavender)
Sharp dressed man ( irish tweed)

I like Sandpiper and Deep Blue Sea. Both are really nice cologne scents.. I would also try at least one mentholated soap. Margaritas in the Arctic is pretty popular. I would venture to guess Executive Man is his best selling soap. I didn't like sharp dressed man. Smells like a dry cleaned tux to me.

Executive Man is the only Stirling soap that I have at the moment but Sharp Dressed Man is on my radar. It is difficult to guess what someone else likes. It sounds like he has a preference for traditional scents so I would probably lean in that direction.

Reactions: ewk
Top Bottom