What's new

Any SR Head Shavers out there?

I was just wondering how man people are head shaving with a straight. I have been thinking about at some point getting a SR since I like using knives and the process of sharpening and keeping them sharp.

I recently purchased a safety razor from ATT that uses the Artist Club type blades. It is very awkward to use on my head since the size of the blade makes it hard to follow the contours. Most of the time only about 1/3 of the blade touches my scalp. Since I wear a full beard, head shaving is the majority of my razor use besides the neck and top of cheeks.

Anyone out there have any luck using a straight on their head? If so, do have to use special techniques?

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
I’ve thought about it.

But I purchased a super nice DE razor, and it’s working beautifully on my noggin.

So a SR for the face, and a DE for up north.

I was just wondering how man people are head shaving with a straight. I have been thinking about at some point getting a SR since I like using knives and the process of sharpening and keeping them sharp.

I recently purchased a safety razor from ATT that uses the Artist Club type blades. It is very awkward to use on my head since the size of the blade makes it hard to follow the contours. Most of the time only about 1/3 of the blade touches my scalp. Since I wear a full beard, head shaving is the majority of my razor use besides the neck and top of cheeks.

Anyone out there have any luck using a straight on their head? If so, do have to use special techniques?
To boldly go where no man has gone before. I wish you the very best of luck in this undertaking given that there's a certain risk that you'll ending up as Vincent van Gogh did.:eek:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Although I am not a head shaver, it would appear that it is not as dangerous of as difficult as some make it outo be.

I do shave my head with shavette quite often. It is nothing extraordinary.
... if you "globe" is without "mountains".

I shave be feel, no mirror to watch my back. Keep proper (low) angle.
Be extra cautios with everything protruding like ears , moles, whatever. I do wtg and wtg pass and some areas back at nek atg.

I think my jaw area is much more difficult than head shave.

Last edited:
I shave my head with a straight. Other than the thread linked above, I don't have much extra to offer.

I've found that the "swirl" on the crown of my head is a pain to get smooth.

The best advice that I can give anyone is to take one section of your head at a time. Section your head off into panels, and take one panel at a time. For example, I start with the top middle of my head, and shave to the top back, just above the "wreath". I then shave the right side of my head over the ear, then the left side over the ear. I shave the top back of my head around and down to the "wreath". I then shave the neck and back of my head upwards and upwards over my ears. After that, it's just a matter of running your hand around and cleaning up. Fairly straightforward. Use light pressure. Just like when you started shaving with a straight, it's a big deal until it isn't.

I guess the fact that gravity is already doing some skin-stretching might help. Personally I wouldn't dream of trying it.

A mild open-comb with a sharp blade makes an excellent head/body shaver. An open comb is just as happy slicing through longer hair as short stubble.

Top Bottom