What's new

Any soaps you won't buy again?

Just wanted to point out the Wilkinson Sword blue bowl is completely different from the Wilkinson Sword Stick. The WS stick is a very good soap, reminiscent of Tabac, but with lanolin. The scent is just OK, like Coast bath soap.
Agreed. I should have stated it was the tub I disliked. Never tried the stick.

I find it hard to buy more than one soap from any one artisan. I have in the past but
with so many artisans now with so many different scents, bases , etc I'm buying one
at a time from different artisans.

I doubt I will buy Mitchell’s Wool Fat again. I am able to get an ok lather, but not the same creamy consistency I get from some others. It does provide a nice moisturizing face feel that I like, but so do many of my soaps and creams. It requires a little more work and effort, that’s ok, but the final payoff is lacking somewhat. To me, it’s only ok. I’m consolidating my soap/ cream from 20 to 10 or under of my faves. I want to reach for an excellent soap every time, right now I have too many in my rotation that are just....ok. I reached for MWF today because I want to use it up, thats just wrong. It’s not so bad that I’ll bin it, just won’t replace it.
I’ve found that I can get a great lather and the benefit of the lanolin by mixing MWF with a touch of TOBS and four drops of glycerin.

trumpers. would not even create lather to wash the dog with.
This. I have a tub of Eucris soap and it doesn't lather worth a damn. People tell me the cream does quite well so I may try that, but the soap is terrible IMO.

Gillette Pure.

I like everything about it except one thing: it doesn't rinse cleanly.

Would have made a great travel soap.

I should have never broken my vow to never buy another Gillette product again!

Reef point soaps but thats only because they are out of business. I tried it again today and I can say it's my favorite soap. Lather is same quality as cella the brick but scent is better. Sucks that my top soap is not available. Im taking any left over you guys dont want ;)
IMG_20200729_174049.jpg

Stirling. They just don’t do it for me. Great people and love to support small businesses, but their soap just hasn’t Served me well. Bought multiple scents and they all underwhelmed me in terms of performance. I threw out the last of them recently. Kept a few of their aftershave splashes but the soaps I don’t miss at all.

gonna backpedal on this a bit. I’ve started loading more over the past year since starting head shaving. Gave a couple Stirling soaps another go that I found in the back of my drawer (thought they were gone until a den cleaning) and they were great. I’ll keep the ones I have and would consider others in the future. I think my issue with them was underloading my brush.

Top Bottom