What's new

Any soaps you won't buy again?

Are there any soaps (or creams) that you have used that you won't buy again (because of poor performance)?

I initially Tried and liked all these soaps...but I don't think I would buy them again...not that they are terrible...just too many other good ones on my shelf now:

Col Conk Unscented
Fendrihan Unscented
Proraso Green
Sterling (several of the scented ones burned my skin...e.g. Coniferous, Orange Chill, Bergamot Lavender) I guess I am just a sensitive kind of guy.)
Arko (still on the fence with this one...can't quite get around the scent)
RazoRock Classic (scent is similar to Cella)

I would not buy any of the col conk soaps again. Especially the lime, it smelled like dish soap and the performance was mediocre at best. Now that I've discovered so many nicer soaps it makes me wonder how I even used it

Proraso anything. I bought them first and will never do so again.

I love several RazoRock scents and the price is amazing but the performance during and after shave just isn't what I can get from other products. Although I still love the smell of my classic and p.160.

Col Conk. Just not a good soap in my opinion. Never got a good lather out of it.

Some people will not like me for saying this but I probably will not buy RazoRock again. The scents are great but the performance is average at best.

and for that reason I probably wouldn't try TFS again.

Haslinger Schafmilch.

Heresy, I know.

I like it OK, but it is not better than a long list of very good soaps that I have in my cupboard. I expected something special. It is not special, on my face anyway.

VDH Luxury... I have a puck that works well, but another that produced just suds... While I have truly enjoyed the first puck, there are a lot of good brands out there that I would like to try, so I won't be buying VDH again.

I've found that tallow products give me the most comfortable shave, so I steer clear of those without.
I used to feel there were no good vegan soaps made. I was wrong. Catie's Bubbles, Pre de Provence, Institute Karite and Martin de Candre are but a few that are right up there with any tallow soap and far surpass some tallow soaps.

I couldn't get a good shave from HTGAM The Beach. Scent was interesting and I'm a HUGE Seinfeld fan, but it just didn't work for me. Felt like I was dry shaving. I had to go 3 days without shaving to recover. That was rough.

The Captain.

Top Bottom