What's new

Any Sig guys?

I have, well, my son has now, a p220 I purchased from a State Trooper when they switched to Glocks. Very well made and a good shooter. I also have an M400, Also a good shooter.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Went to the range and tried the Sig P320, Glock 19 gen 4, H&K VP9, & FNH FNS 9 in one afternoon and I liked the P320 the best. Followed by the FNS 9, H&K and then Glock 19.

I prefer the Glock 19 myself. But every single pistol you listed are great pistols and If someone wanted to give me one of each from your list, I would be more than happy to take it. :)

I have a SIG 1911 Scorpion Carry that I love. Its got some aggressive grips though, they will eat away at any exposed skin. I found this out the hard way when I carried it in a Crossbreed holster without an undershirt.

I use a sig m-400 enhanced with all sorts of fun toys attached like a noveske kx3. Accurate with a 4 power scope to 600 yards. My sig 226 tacops is a ammo chewing beast. The short reset trigger makes it seem like it's a fully automatic if you can move that fast. The front sight was loose on it three weeks ago and sig fixed it for free and had it back to me in about 9 days. They take to hell and back reliability seriously. I have seen many glocks and Springfields jam and stovepipe but only one sig stovepipe in an old p226 with a broken recoil spring in -40 degree weather. I carry a s&w shield in 40 but that's just my taking the dogs for a walk gun. Will be getting a sig p938 and p229 to replace it when I have the funds.

I would love an x6 without the safety. To me, a safety is a curse on a pistol. I am a southpaw and even if the safety is ambi, I still don't want it. To me, a pistol should be a simple point and click application with minimal manipulation.

I would love an x6 without the safety. To me, a safety is a curse on a pistol. I am a southpaw and even if the safety is ambi, I still don't want it. To me, a pistol should be a simple point and click application with minimal manipulation.

You don't mean the decocker, do you? That is not a safety. Generally without reference to any particular firearm, a safety is something between your ears and not what is in your hand.

You don't mean the decocker, do you? That is not a safety. Generally without reference to any particular firearm, a safety is something between your ears and not what is in your hand.

I am referring to the sig X5 1911 style safety. To me the decocker is a good safety feature. It allows me to carry a round chambered with the hammer disengaged. The sa/da of the sig is phenomenal. 9.5lb trigger decocked is plenty to prevent accidental discharge. Not that I particularly need it. I keep my finger off the trigger until I am ready to make it rain lead. The first shot will be less accurate than any subsequent rounds if one does not practice with the heavy trigger. But you said it right earlier...the safety is between your ears. I also like to leave firearms decocked to prevent spring fatigue. I replace magazines every year to ensure spring pressure is not a problem. 1 year then the mags are for the range. I have not had an old mag bring me any trouble, but when your life depends on it, the best equipment may serve you well. I was faced with a mountain lion trying to get into my deer stand with me and was about half a second from making the door look like swiss cheese with my p226 before the not so nice kitty ran off. He tried to pry the door off and make me breakfast at 430am. I saw his giant clawed paw in the deer stand while I was turning around to eliminate the threat. When the adrenaline starts pumping, you may not have the time to disengage a safety or **** the weapon.

Last edited:
My second pistol was a sig x-5 in .40 s&w like the one in the picture above. I absolutely loved it. My first pistol was a glock 17 tupperware gun. The difference between the two was like night and day. No one have a 210 ?

Absolutely love my P938, awesome carry gun.

$FullSizeRender.jpg

I keep a Sig p250 9mm in a "hidden" compartment in my car. I won it at a gun bash. If I ever want to I can buy a kit and change the caliber or size to any p250, 9mm, .40, .45, compact or full size. It's been a while since I looked into the kits, I think they were around $200?

I keep a Sig p250 9mm in a "hidden" compartment in my car. I won it at a gun bash. If I ever want to I can buy a kit and change the caliber or size to any p250, 9mm, .40, .45, compact or full size. It's been a while since I looked into the kits, I think they were around $200?

Double that!

Absolutely love my P938, awesome carry gun.

View attachment 634095

I just picked up one of these (the Nitron model, but added the rubber Houge grips like the ones on the BRG variant). I'm shooting it for the first time this weekend, and planning to make it my prime carry piece (at least for times where the P250 in .45 is too big to conceal). Agree..I it's going to be a great carry gun. I can even pocket carry it if need be. Most of the time I'll be doing OWB in a pancake holster, or in a blackhawk belt pouch "holster" ( http://www.blackhawk.com/products/h...on/nylon-belt-pouch-holster-ambidextrous.aspx ). I love the SAS. I would have gone for one of those, but then came across the Nitron at Rural King for $599 (plus got a 13% in-store rebate), and I couldn't pass it up. They are pricey for a pocket gun, but it's nice to have something that's all metal (but still lite weight).

I just picked up one of these (the Nitron model, but added the rubber Houge grips like the ones on the BRG variant). I'm shooting it for the first time this weekend, and planning to make it my prime carry piece (at least for times where the P250 in .45 is too big to conceal). Agree..I it's going to be a great carry gun. I can even pocket carry it if need be. Most of the time I'll be doing OWB in a pancake holster, or in a blackhawk belt pouch "holster" ( http://www.blackhawk.com/products/h...on/nylon-belt-pouch-holster-ambidextrous.aspx ). I love the SAS. I would have gone for one of those, but then came across the Nitron at Rural King for $599 (plus got a 13% in-store rebate), and I couldn't pass it up. They are pricey for a pocket gun, but it's nice to have something that's all metal (but still lite weight).

Obligatory pics...

As I'll carry it - 6 round mag in, with extra 7 round mags.
$DSC_2215-001.jpg

With 7 round mag inserted
$DSC_2216.jpg

In Desantis Super Fly pocket holster (with the front flap)
$DSC_2217.jpg

Same, from the front. I'm not too happy with the safety extending past the front flap, but I can probably live with it. Trigger is covered well and the safety is quite stiff. I may end up getting a leather pocket holster that covers completely if I carry much that way.
$DSC_2218.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The Sig 938's are pretty awesome gentlemen. I have a friend that has the 938 Scorpion. One sexy lookin' gun.

Top Bottom