What's new

Any shavettes that take two se blade next to each other?

Hello

I would be tempted to get the feather artisan razor which takes those injector style feather blades but I've got so many de blades I'd rather use them, so is there any shavettes that take two se blade next to each other.

As in side by side.

I cannot say about the dual shavette, but Leaf razor used 3 half DE blades simultaneously. They are good for maneuvering contours (head, leg, beard shave) as well.

Reactions: saj
This doesn't exist and won't really work. DE blades are ~43mm long, but the cutting edge is ~37mm. So you'd have 6mm gap between cutting edges unless you figure out a way to account for the tabs. But even if you do that, the corner has a fillet so you'd still wind up with a small weird gap.

Also, why?

This doesn't exist and won't really work. DE blades are ~43mm long, but the cutting edge is ~37mm. So you'd have 6mm gap between cutting edges unless you figure out a way to account for the tabs. But even if you do that, the corner has a fillet so you'd still wind up with a small weird gap.

Also, why?
Just was more curious as some straight razors do have a long blade so was wondering if theres a shavette imitation

Also, why?
Just was more curious as some straight razors do have a long blade so was wondering if theres a shavette imitation
Injector blades are 38.1mm (1.5″), Artist Club blades are 50mm long, and Cabinet/Antelope blades are 62mm long.

Of those three, the Artist Club is the most common in terms of shavette and blade availability.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
A razor, no, but I have a "razor comb" I occasionally use on the dog. It takes two DE blades side by side, just slightly overlapped. I would not put that thing near my face. I think it was about $2.50 on Amazon or something...

O.H.

A razor, no, but I have a "razor comb" I occasionally use on the dog. It takes two DE blades side by side, just slightly overlapped. I would not put that thing near my face. I think it was about $2.50 on Amazon or something...

O.H.
Yea I got one recently for a quid on eBay UK and to my surprise it came with two de blade already installed lol

For a longer edge, these three options come to mind:
  • Shavettes that use Cabinet blades, these are similar to DE blades but longer and the holes are punched differently.
  • All razors that accept Artist Club blades
  • Chinese shavettes using the "77" blade format; this is some sort of half-way between an Artist Club blade, and a cabinet blade, they're meant to be snapped in half, but the general shape resembles more an Artist Club blade.
There are probably more, but these are easy to source.

Top Bottom