What's new

Any shampoo to get rid of white hair? Will argan or coconut help?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I am 52 years of age and have greying hair as well as thinning on top. My advice, and you may not like it, is to embrace your grey hair and grow older with style as accepting yourself is an attractive quality. Of course you can try darkening shampoo but I would avoid using hair colour as it never looks natural and if anything makes one look older. Remember, gray hair is a natural look, in fact there is nothing more natural. I wish my hair would fall out completely so I could head shave and go all 'Bruce Willis' badass! Good luck with whatever you decide.

I am 52 years of age and have greying hair as well as thinning on top. My advice, and you may not like it, is to embrace your grey hair and grow older with style as accepting yourself is an attractive quality. Of course you can try darkening shampoo but I would avoid using hair colour as it never looks natural and if anything makes one look older. Remember, gray hair is a natural look, in fact there is nothing more natural. I wish my hair would fall out completely so I could head shave and go all 'Bruce Willis' badass! Good luck with whatever you decide.
But I'm not 52. I was born AFTER the vietnam war ended. Sad, isn't it? Must be stress or something.

Greying hair is genetic, as far as I know. You should avoid using shampoos or hair tonics that "take away the grey" since most contain unhealthy ingredients such as lead acetate.

Dyeing your hair is about the only thing you can do, other than cutting it short or learning to live with it. This has to be done every few weeks, so quite a chore. If you dye your hair completely to a new color, it usually looks fake. There are kits available that leave a little grey in, that looks more natural.

The Chinese take a herb called fo-ti or he shou wou and black sesame seed to battle grey and losing hair. Do not take it when you have liver issues though

f.jpg

Try alberto V05 Conditioning Hairdressing. This stuff is for people with gray hair. It won't get rid of grey hair, but it'll tone it down to where it doesn't look quite as white. I have blond hair and I use regular VO5 and the stuff is great. you apply the V05 after you get out of the shower. Maybe a small glob or two worked into your hair will tone down the white a shade. There's also vaseline tonic and Tres Flores Brilliantine Liquid oil. they darken hair a shade. It's not permanent, but the stuff will definitely darken your hair. I darkens my blond hair a shade when i apply the stuff.

If you were a pomade user, I would suggest Murray's black beeswax or Voodoo Brew 1 pomade. They darken hair a little bit without using hairdye, which is awful stuff.

Richard Gere is an example of a person that looked good even with grey hair. Maybe it's not a bad thing after all.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
My friends been white since 30. Its his genetics. He has a hard time with it when people dont know how old he is. I'd try shaving my head first! That's a power move!

Kind regards

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My grandmother went totally grey in her late 20's. The great advantage of this is that for many decades people will be saying you never age.

I'm so happy with any hair that stays on my head I don't much care what color it might be.

I went salt and pepper in high school. Thought I was gonna have to rock the George Clooney for a while, but it toned down, almost un-noticeable until recently (early thirties) I dyed my hair once, wasn't an experience that was worth it for me.

It's mostly genetics as others have stated.
I'm 38 and my hair started turning grey when I was 33. Luckily it's not too noticeable due to having lighter colored hair.
I'd embrace the grey! Using chemicals or colorant could make things worse or even make it fall out.

Control GX is the BomB....they have shampoo or shampoo w conditioner....$8. Just wear gloves when using or nails turn purple.....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Stress turned my grama's hair white at 27. I found my first grey hair at 17.

Now it's pretty much white.

I use gel and mostly keep it short, and that really makes it dark.

I've decided to grow it out, go with a pompadour look, I think. My health is such that it is getting hard to cut it myself, and since I still have my Cosmetologist license I can still cut it for free, if I decide to, LOL!

Only time it bothers me is when folks think I'm my wife's Dad, and my son is my grandson, ha! But my wife gets a kick out of it.

I don't have any wrinkles to speak of, but the hair gives me away.

So, to the original poster: keep on keeping on! It's just hair. I know, easy for me to say, I got plenty, even if it is 90% grey.

But anyone that don't like your hair can kiss your...... bald spot. Embrace it.

Top Bottom