What's new

Any rum lovers?

I like rum, but it does not like me so I don't drink it any more. But when I did, this is what I drank:
Eldorado 12 yr
Mount Gay XO / Eclipse / Black barrel
Ron Abuelo 12 year
Ron Barrilito [Very Good - but gives me a terrible hangover]

Been drinking kraken for a while now with either ginger ale or one of the schweppes mixers...cant stand using coke, just ends up a syrupy mess

I'm definitely a Rum drinker, mostly in the hot summer months. I've never heard of the rum you mentioned. Tikki Fire, or whatever. But I do like several. On the low end I like Pyrat Rum. But my favorite is El Dorado 15 Year. A nice dark rum that you can sip neat, or put an ice cube in there to bring out the flavor a bit and cool it down slightly. I also had a real nice Zacapa. I just don't remember which one. It may have been one of the 23 year olds. I also tried a Pyrat Cask 1623 once while on vacation in Nassau, Bahamas. I asked for Pyrat and he said he didn't have enough for a full glass but gave me what he had. He then said he had this other Pyrat and gave me a full glass of that as well so I was able to sip them side by side. Since the Cask 1623 is the only other Pyrat Rum I'm guessing that was it. It was darker, more flavorful and much smoother. Anyway, my go to rum is El Dorado 15. I highly recommend it.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Plantation or Ron Zacapa 23 if I’m sippin’.

Diplomatico or Dictador if I’m feeling special.

Sailor Jerry and pineapple juice when I’m by the lake fishing.

Diplimatico Gran Reserva! Sweet!

Last edited:
Woods' Navy Rum. Lovely flavour, rich but clean. 57% (by volume); it has a kick. I like it sipped straight, but it goes well with any of the usual mixers and great with ginger beer.

I like rum, although not a connaisseur. Last night I finished a bottle of Goslings Black Seal, one of my favourite. I drink it neat and sometimes over cubed orange (let it sit for a bit then eat the orange pieces, drinking the rum last).

Goslings Black Seal is the best for making a Dark And Stormy. There are others that I prefer for straight sipping but Goslings is good stuff.

JCarr

OK...Goslings Black Seal...I'm in! Getting a bottle tonight. LOL! Is this a spiced rum or just a dark rum?

Well, Dark & Stormy it is then. A tad too sweet for me but with a nice kick from the ginger. Interesting aromas, that mix brings the nuttiness of the rum upfront. I wonder where does that come from.
Thumbs up from my wife.

IMG_1260s.jpg

Cannot believe I am on the second bottle this week. Not that I am complaining.
Not sure if I mentioned, this one is my favourite rum.

The Bumbu looks great. Will have to order a bottle next week.
Oh, the mood is changed completely here. Ready to serve supper but hang on a minute, still working on that mix.
Thank you all!

JCarr

The Bumbu looks great. Will have to order a bottle next week.
Oh, the mood is changed completely here. Ready to serve supper but hang on a minute, still working on that mix.
Thank you all!

Bumbu IS a spiced rum...just so you know. And as spiced rums go, it's on the pricey side. But...it's delicious!

Top Bottom