What's new

Any recommendations...

Hello, all.

What is a good cream that you could recommend?

I have all soaps and never tried a cream. Well, except TOBS. I think of that more as a croap, to me.

I have been looking at Proraso line.

Thank you.

The Proraso Single Blade line of creams are excellent. I have Wood and Spice, and love the scent and performance. I also have the Red Proraso cream, and it doesn't disappoint, especially for the price. One more to try may be West Coast Shaving Jojoba shaving cream. Great scents and excellent performance. The cream is made by Catie's Bubbles.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Another vote for Proraso Single Blade. It is excellent. Speick makes an excellent cream as well, it's one of my favorites. If you do try Speick, you should consider their matching aftershave and/or balm, top notch products.

So far I've used old spice, tabac, Nivea, omega, godrej and vicco.

In terms of slickness, omega and godrej are the best. As for scent, omega's eucalyptus smells great.

Tabac is the worst in nearly every way. Too dry and low slickness. Get the water content wrong and lather will vanish from your face.

Omega, godrej and Nivea are the only ones I can recommend.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Castle Forbes is the king of creams. It requires about half the product as most other creams, so don't be frightened by the initial cost. Lavender is wonderful and Lime is quite nice as well.

Ultimate Comfort is a very nice cream. Definitely a step above the other 3 T's (which are still nice creams).

Hmmmm…

Truefitt & Hill (West Indian Limes or 1805) or Castle Forbes (Lime)?

Which to choose?

St James - new Tonka & Tobacco Flower is their best, in terms of scent and performance, ime, but I believe it isn't yet included in their sampler pack

Trumper - Spanish Leather and Eucris

T&H - 1805 and Apsley

If you like TOBS (as I certainly do ---- Eton College and Avocado are two of my favorites),
you might want to try Maca Root by The Body Shop. Easily available in your local mall ----
very nice scent, great lather, and perfect combination of slickness, cushion, and glide. Enjoy !!

IMG_0129.JPG

Castle Forbes is the king of creams. It requires about half the product as most other creams, so don't be frightened by the initial cost. Lavender is wonderful and Lime is quite nice as well.

Ultimate Comfort is a very nice cream. Definitely a step above the other 3 T's (which are still nice creams).

I'll second the Castle Forbes recommendation, I have the Lavender and really like using it, great fragrance.

I've read that some people have issues with it:

Castle Forbes Lavender - is it "just me" ?

Castle Forbes sample.underwhelmed

Castle Forbes issues

...and while some of the issues can be attributed to using too much product (it does require around half the amount you'd use for other shaving creams) or too little water, even when lathered up properly, I find that it performs great, but it is surpassed by some of the best soaps out there. That's not a knock on Castle Forbes - I repeat, it performs great - but just a reflection on the excellent artisanal soaps we have available.

I personally got the Castle Forbes for the scent rather than the performance, this is where it seems to stand out above the competition

Top Bottom