What's new

Any recommendations for mens body bar soaps and shampoo?

I’ve been using the Duke Cannon line lately; even though the soap is in the giant bricks, you can cut them in half to handle more easily. The “Smells Like Productivity” has a nice minty scent and isn’t too skin drying.

The shampoo / conditioner has worked pretty well for me too.
sounds manly!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Another vote for Stirling
or try wsp. Wet shave products. Soap and shampoo bars are terrific

Been using Stirling Bath Soap exclusively for almost a year now.
Really nice stuff and with the extensive scents one is sure to find their own favorite. My wife, who uses mostly non traditional bath soaps, has also jumped on the Stirling band wagon. I know the bars last longer than most major bath soaps.

Really nice stuff and with the extensive scents one is sure to find their own favorite. My wife, who uses mostly non traditional bath soaps, has also jumped on the Stirling band wagon. I know the bars last longer than most major bath soaps.
wow

I admit to using Stirling's Rosemary and Mint bath bars as a change of pace from Grandpa's Pine Tar (for body, not hair) and I usually order a couple with a Stirling order. I haven't tried any other Stirling bath soaps.

My two favorite shower soaps are Ginger Almond Oatmeal and Lavender with flowers as shown in the photo below. Both are available at Trader Joe's. They have others which I like but not as much as these with exfoliant.

Included in the photos are soaps and shampoo bars that are all new to me. I want to give them a try this year before making a bulk purchase. :lol: I have not opened any of them yet so I can't provide much feedback. I am most curious about the shampoo bars. The Liggetts (3.5 oz) and Stirling (3.8 oz) are the same width while the Stirling is a little taller and thinner. My first impression is that Liggett bar is denser (harder to compress when squeezed) and the size fits the hand a little bit better...though they are close to each other in size and I don't expect any issues holding either.
Trader-Joe-soap-Liggts-shampoo-bar-2019-01.jpgStirling-shampoo-body_bar-2019-01.jpg

My two favorite shower soaps are Ginger Almond Oatmeal and Lavender with flowers as shown in the photo below. Both are available at Trader Joe's. They have others which I like but not as much as these with exfoliant.

Included in the photos are soaps and shampoo bars that are all new to me. I want to give them a try this year before making a bulk purchase. :lol: I have not opened any of them yet so I can't provide much feedback. I am most curious about the shampoo bars. The Liggetts (3.5 oz) and Stirling (3.8 oz) are the same width while the Stirling is a little taller and thinner. My first impression is that Liggett bar is denser (harder to compress when squeezed) and the size fits the hand a little bit better...though they are close to each other in size and I don't expect any issues holding either.
View attachment 950950View attachment 950951
Just looking at those photo's I can't imagine how much more would be a bulk purchase for you!! Thats enough bath soap and shampoo bars to last me quite some time I'm sure....

I have too many hobbies and so one area where I've decided to keep costs down is in bar body soap. I've tried the artisan bars and I seem to just blow right through them so quickly. At the same time, I do not want to go back to using Irish Spring, which dries my skin out something fierce.

I tried this line from Dove and it has been working great.

proxy.php

It has an exfoliant embedded in the soap and keeps my skin feeling clean and healthy. It's also the same price for for bars and is the typical price of one artisan soap bar. YMMV. One thing to note, I did try quite a few bars from Duke Cannon and noticed that the bars seemed to lose their scent about half way through and other than the "Productivity Wins the Day" they all kind of smelled the same, while they still had a scent. I love their marketing, but I feel their product quality falls short IMHO.

I do spend the money though on shampoo bars since I use them at a much slower pace.

Use to use the Dove Men's line, but found that it was killing my skin (completely drying it out). So after seeing some mention of Kent's Castile soap on here I decided to give it a whirl, and I have to say that stuff works wonders. Since starting to use it I haven't had dry skin and don't feel like I want to itch myself to death.

For shampoo soap, I just received the Wet Shave Products soap and tried it out and it worked pretty well. Lathered nicely and rinsed pretty well. Can't comment on how the long term will look because I've only used it once so only time will tell. It seems fairly inexpensive if you buy the 6 pack (only $6 a bar), which you can choose whatever scent and combination you want. So I went with two body soaps (Mahogany and Black Amber Vanilla), their three shampoo bars (barbershop, tea tree, and tobacco), and their face soap.

Stirling has both soap and shampoo bars at a reasonable price with numerous scents and excellent customer service. My favorite (regular) soap is Barbershop and Mountain Man and my shampoo bar - Barber Shop. I use a rotation of six of their shave soaps too.

Top Bottom