What's new

Any recommendations for mens body bar soaps and shampoo?

I'll add another plug for Duke Cannon . . . ordered the El Cuatro box a little while back--looks like it's still on sale, $25 for four huge bricks of soap. No joke, huge.
IMG_0959.jpeg

IMG_0959.jpeg

IMG_0960.jpeg

The packaging is creative and fun, soap is both good and smells good. After reading the product copy you might feel like snacking on some tree bark or maybe wing walking. Unabashedly manly.

I tried the Duke Cannon Navel Supremacy and it was a failed soap. It had something like sand in it. The soap and scent was nice, but the sand was a failure from some part of the manufacturing. I was worried that it might be lye or and oxide. I tossed it out.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I tried the Duke Cannon Navel Supremacy and it was a failed soap. It had something like sand in it. The soap and scent was nice, but the sand was a failure from some part of the manufacturing. I was worried that it might be lye or and oxide. I tossed it out.
i had the same experience
like blackish chunks in the soap
Disgusting

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Grandpas Pine Tar soap is the best shampoo and bath soap I’ve used since Coal Tar soap was deemed to be carcinogenic several years ago.

I am genuinely interested in seeing if there's enough current interest in this topic to get it revived.

Recently accumulated a scattered supply of shampoo bars, all-in-ones and body soaps to test: Stirling Soap Co., Ogallala Bay, Three Sisters Apothecary, J.R. Liggett's, One With Nature, Dr. Bronner's, Pre de Provence, 345 Soap Co., Murphy & McNeil, and Nesti Dante.

Odd: I am nose blind so testing will strictly be performance, sensitivities and economics.

Predictable: I am very comfortable down here at the bottom of yet another rabbit hole.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I've been using Stirling and Pre de Provence bar soaps for hair and body. Stirling soaps are well priced. One of the best soaps I've used this year has been a St. John's Bay Rum bar. That was fantastic! However...not cheap by any means.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I finished a stirling bath bar. It was okay. Not great. I used their liquid body wash today. That wasn’t bad.

I like these shampoo bars they come with a travel tin so they are also great for trips . Also you can just stop at a local Walmart to get them . There are other scent also .
download (1).jpeg
images.jpeg
mango.jpeg

Many shaving products have matching bath soaps. I like La Toja.
Do they also make a shampoo bar? From a quick internet search I think not. I like their shave stick and aftershave.

I used my Sterling shampoo bar today. I also found the one from Trader Joe's to be good but not as lathery as Sterling.

Top Bottom