What's new

Any recommendations for a guy that swears by Old Spice?

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
With apologies to TylerDean, but knowing a good question when I see it.
I am looking for something Old Spice like that will be soothing and nourishing to my skin instead of the alcohol splash.

Like TylerDean said, maybe something a bit higher grade than the drugstore stuff but a close scent.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
My only suggestion is Clubman Pinaud. It's nothing like old spice, but it's what I moved onto instead of old spice (which I like).

I never really was a regular user of after shaves, but use the Clubman Pinaud after every shave now.

You might like Stirling Spice aftershave balm. It's not expensive and a little goes a long way. Apply to a damp face, this will help to spread it out evenly.

Never used it but Seaforth Spiced may shave some similarities. The reviews say it is a milky white splash but it is alcohol free otherwise there is a few splashes that come close to the Old Spice like the previously mentioned Stirling but they do have alcohol.

Never used it but Seaforth Spiced may shave some similarities. The reviews say it is a milky white splash but it is alcohol free otherwise there is a few splashes that come close to the Old Spice like the previously mentioned Stirling but they do have alcohol.
No alcohol in the Stirling Spice Balm.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Old Spice Classic is in my AS rotation.

Others you may want to try:
Stetson
Pinaud Clubman
Bootlegger's El Dorado
Bootlegger's Bay Rum

While you are experimenting, you might as well try Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal. If you are Chosen to be a Knight of the Veg Table, you'll love The Veg (as I do). If you are not Chosen, you will probably dislike The Veg. :cool:

Add a little glycerin and maybe some menthol to a bottle of old spice? I added these, plus a little witch hazel to some Clubman and was pleased with the results. I will probably try this with Old Spice as well. The Stirling Spice splash has glycerin and hydrovance, and while I do not have the splash, the soap smells like a sweeter, less powdery version of Old Spice.

ylekot

You might like Stirling Spice aftershave balm. It's not expensive and a little goes a long way. Apply to a damp face, this will help to spread it out evenly.

This looks interesting, Thanks!

ylekot

Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice...smells similar to Old Spice, perhaps a bit more distinguished, but with more goodies for the skin. Try Maggards Razors for samples/full bottles. I even prefer this to Old Spice.
Sample sizes, NICE!

ylekot

Old Spice Classic is in my AS rotation.

Others you may want to try:
Stetson
Pinaud Clubman
Bootlegger's El Dorado
Bootlegger's Bay Rum

While you are experimenting, you might as well try Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal. If you are Chosen to be a Knight of the Veg Table, you'll love The Veg (as I do). If you are not Chosen, you will probably dislike The Veg. :cool:

I HATE lilacs!! So probably not for me LOL

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I was going to recommend the Old Spice after shave balm, then discovered it's been discontinued apparently.

s-l1600.jpg

ylekot

I have samples of Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice on the way!

Black ship grooming's Classic is a old spice smell. it has vitamin E in it too which not many of the other After shaves have.

Top Bottom