What's new

Any recommendations for a guy that swears by Aqua Velva?

p.160 kent feather myrsol blue july 31 2021.jpg

In my opinion, Myrsol Blue is a “rich man’s” version of Aqua Velva (I have the Spanish version of AV). Scent-wise, They are not far apart to my nose

Myrsol has a more refined scent, with a more powdery dry-down, but it’s not long lasting. The face feel is a lot better to me, because Aqua Velva is too heavy on the glycerin, leaving a wet film on the face. Myrsol uses sorbitol as humectant, instead, which I prefer.

Another vote for Epsilon Mediterranean Blue.

I find it to be a more refined than Aqua Velva. So this sounds like what you are looking for to me.

Both if these get plenty of use in my shave den.

Wait, no one has recommended the Veg? 😁

Seriously, though, I have two aftershave splashes: Aqua Velva and Pinaud Clubman. That said, I have a slightly more aftershave balms, none of which is by Aqua Velva or Pinaud. 🙂

+1 for Speick... this just doesn't have enough staying power.
Fine Accoutrements Clean Vetiver is a solid candidate for a daily driver.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A notch or two nicer in what way?
Inexpensive doesn't equal ineffective, so if you like the feel and smell of AV, what other property are you seeking?
Variety is a good thing, so if you're just looking to change the scent or feel, there are literally hundreds of options in price ranges from ridiculously low to preposterously high.

As usual, Phil's wisdom is spot on.

I add that if you like Aqua Velva, stick with the classics. Some names? Pinaud Clubman, Mennen Skin Bracer, Floid and Proraso (just to name a few).

And remember: the classics have been there because they are "evergreen immortals". There is no better test of greatness than standing the test of time.

Badger Blends:
Emerald Spice
1 part Skin Bracer
1 part Aqua Velva Ice Blue
1 part Aqua Velva Ice Sport
1 part Old Spice (the modern easily obtained stuff)
$Emerald Spice.jpg

Top Bottom