What's new

Any recommendations for a guy that swears by Aqua Velva?

Honestly wary of venturing away from Aqua velva because it works so well for me, but I kind of want to branch out into other scents and maybe higher quality products. Anyone know of aftershaves with the same functional profile but are just a notch or two nicer than a basic drug store brand? Thanks guys.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Honestly wary of venturing away from Aqua velva because it works so well for me, but I kind of want to branch out into other scents and maybe higher quality products. Anyone know of aftershaves with the same functional profile but are just a notch or two nicer than a basic drug store brand? Thanks guys.
If you like the AV scent stick with what you love.

No reason to do anything different.

I wish I still liked the AV scent...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You may try "Proraso Red" and "Proraso Green"
1627207058105.png

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
A notch or two nicer in what way?
Inexpensive doesn't equal ineffective, so if you like the feel and smell of AV, what other property are you seeking?
Variety is a good thing, so if you're just looking to change the scent or feel, there are literally hundreds of options in price ranges from ridiculously low to preposterously high.

IMO, Epsilon Blue Mediterranean is a distant cousin of AV. It has a nice menthol kick and better staying power (on me).

Fine American Blend (a dupe of YSL Rive Gauche) has hints of AV in a much more "refined" scent profile. It also has good staying power, but with a more close-in silage.

Give Skin Bracer a try. Barbasol Brisk is actually rather nice as well. Close to Skin Bracer but you can tell the difference. I tried AV but my chemistry just does not work. It actually smells like skunk when I put it on. Love it in the bottle but OMG no way can I actually wear it! The different Clubman scents are nice too. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones that can wear the Veg. :)

Aqua Velva is one of the stalwarts of the aftershave world, for a few reasons. Smells great, cools and soothes the skin, and value priced. Maybe branch out to Aqua Velva Musk, and Ice Sport. Perhaps Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool, 4711 Aftershave, Epsilon Blue. I have all of these and enjoy each one.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I keep coming back to Clubman.

Just loves my skin, lasts just long enough, different enough from what you are used to....

Then try Brut.

Brut gets a bad rap as the stinky choice of a hairy chested disco dude with gold chains, but it's really a decent performer reminiscent of Canoe and that family.
I think Clubman is a relative as well.

Top Bottom