What's new

Any places that sell shaving soaps, etc in Manhattan?

I will be in New York for a week and was wondering if there are any places that sell shaving items like soaps, etc ?
I say manhattan because I find it the easiest to navigate. But I will actually be staying in brooklyn

Went to Pasteur’s while visiting NYC last week. Very impressive range of quality stuff on the shelf. Only drawback is the place on 34th has really narrow aisles, so if you stay a while and sniff soaps, you’re constantly having to move for folks picking up meds, etc. Otherwise, a great way to smell stuff you were scared to order. Enjoy!

wow, thanks to everyone for the recommendation. I will look up pasteurs and cambridge
thanks, Tom

Ad Astra

The Instigator
And it looks like this!

full

full

full

full

across from ESB:

full

AA

I’m in that neighborhood of NYC at least once a week. I’m on the 2019 sabbatical. Do you have any idea of the level of self restraint required NOT to stop in? Wait till January 2020.

Seriously, Pasteur’s is worth the visit if you’re in the area. The soap and cream selection is unbelievable! They have a great aftershave selection too. I always pick up a tuck of blades for a brand I haven’t tried. Their DE razor selection isn’t bad either. I once spent two hours in there and they don’t mind at all. I’ve seen others in there doing the same thing as me. Great place!

Ive never been to the uptown pasteur. How does it compare to the 34th st one? ive been to 34th one many times, but it seems the uptown one is closer to my work office.

thanks

The Pasteurs on 34th st is on my list of things to do. The photos were very informative.
I'm on a mission.

I was there about 12 months ago and in another 9 months i'll be there again!!
As an Australian, so many soaps and the majority of aftershaves are hard to come by, and since i know what a great place Leon has, i'll spend a fair bit of time there sniffing through tubs of soap.

It's time to start a wishlist of ones to seek out when i get there.

This time i am leaving ALOT of empty space in the suitcase(s)....
Budget? What budget??

Wow, I’ll be in the city in a couple weeks. I’ll have to add it to my itinerary for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive never been to the uptown pasteur. How does it compare to the 34th st one? ive been to 34th one many times, but it seems the uptown one is closer to my work office.

thanks
I've been to both. 34th is the main one, as I was told in the uptown one. The uptown one has a smaller selection but may have some things that the 34th location doesn't. Physically the uptown one is just as cramped and perhaps a bit smaller if I remember correctly.

I've been to both. 34th is the main one, as I was told in the uptown one. The uptown one has a smaller selection but may have some things that the 34th location doesn't. Physically the uptown one is just as cramped and perhaps a bit smaller if I remember correctly.

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom