What's new

Any Pelikan Owners Here

I just ordered my first Pelikan Fountain pen (green M600 Fine nib). I was just wondering if there were any Pelikan owners here and what are your thoughts about Pelikan Pens.

I have three, M400, M200 and there's a Pelikano around somewhere!

They are excellent fountain pens in my limited experience. I have a few other decent pens such as a Sailor, an Aurora etc and the Pelis are by far the best. I can leave them for months and they'll still write first time where the others have dried up.

Gareth

I just ordered my first Pelikan Fountain pen (green M600 Fine nib). I was just wondering if there were any Pelikan owners here and what are your thoughts about Pelikan Pens.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you order yours. I am looking to purchase my first fountain pen and I would like to know where the best place to buy a Pelikan would be.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you order yours. I am looking to purchase my first fountain pen and I would like to know where the best place to buy a Pelikan would be.
I ordered my pen from Printhardcopy, a vendor who just happens to be a member of a pen forum called the Fountain Pen Network. He is in Singapore and also has an E-Bay Store. Most of my other pens have been bought at isellpens.com http://isellpens.com/index.htm or Richardspens http://www.richardspens.com/?newp=mer

Pelikans are one of the very few modern fountain pens I like and use, compared to the dozens of vintage ones I own and use. I have the 200 clear demonstrator and the oversize 1000. Also had the 800 size "green ocean" demonstrator at one time but later sold it. To give you an idea of how pen prices change (probably mostly due to changes in the dollar vs. the euro), when I bought my 1000 around 5 years ago, I paid only $250. I think the best price I've seen lately is around $400-$450.

The Pelikans are outstanding writers and hold a ton of ink (especially the piston filler models). The large 14K or 18K nibs have some "spring" to them (not true "flex" in the vintage sense of the word) and are beautifully carved. Another nice thing about Pelikans is that the nibs can be unscrewed from the section, so you can purchase different types of nibs for the same pen (i.e., fine, medium, extra fine, italic, oblique, etc.) without having to buy a whole separate pen. I'd take a look on the Pentrace green board for a good condition pre-owned model at a great price, rather than a new one. Or call Pam Braun at Oscar Braun Pens, at www.oscarbraunpens.com. if you want the best price on a new one.

I have a Pelikan M800. I'd describe it as being larger and heavier than my other FP's (all Cross). Everything about it is first-rate: inner parts made of brass, gold nib, solid feel. To me, its a desk pen, I'd never carry it around. It writes like a dream and seem to last longer between fillings than my other pens.
I settled on the model I wanted, tested them at a pricey pen store, then found a seller on eBay with good prices. The dealer I used is in Singapore and he did mention that prices are going up after he re-stocks.

Just got myself a blazing red Pelikano Jr. It writes a bit too wet compared to my Rotring Core (XL Nib. The only comparable nib to the Pelikano. The rest of the FPs that I have don't count cos they have fine Nibs) But I like it. Works wonderfully on Conqueror paper.

M400 and M200, both from Richard Binder, and both are great. I love Pelikan's piston filling system. Most all modern pens use a cartridge/converter system. To me, those systems seem to cheapen and detract from the 'vintage-ness' of using a fountain pen.

I've got a Pelikan 800 - hands down one of my favourite pens and the pen by which I judge all others in terms of writing performance.

I have a Pelikan M200 Green Demonstrator...my favorite pen by a wide margin! Its not the fanciest, but it writes great.

I hope you enjoy yours! A fine purchase :)

I own a Pelikan M200 that I purchased from Pam Braun of Oscar Braun Pens a year ago. She is the BEST! My dream pen is the Green striped M800 in Extra Fine. Anyone have one to sell? If you want to see an AWESOME collection of fountain pens, find a pen show. I think the DC pen show was just this past weekend.

I have a few modern and vintage Pelikans. Vintage Sheaffer's are my favorites, but among modern pen brands, I think Pelikan is the only one worth buying.

Top Bottom