What's new

Any outdoor + motorcycle fan here?

I had a Yamaha Xj750, and now own a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600. Both are great bikes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had a Yamaha Xj750, and now own a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600. Both are great bikes.

Oh yeah those are classic bikes! You ride often? For commute or for enjoyment?

I'm in Canada do it's definitely for enjoyment, but our season is 6 months, 7 tops, unfortunately.

I ride a moped. Yamaha QT-50.

Wow! That's an antique too! Gorgeous small bike!

Did you know there is a resurgence of smaller motorcycle, such as the Honda Super Cub? I really am ogling that one for city rides, but my wife's gonna kill me if I buy it. One is enough she says!

stop-looking-at-motorbikes-you-already-have-3-why-can-10871672.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Lol, I have 2, a 1984 I bought new in '85, and an '81 I got used in 89? I think. My wife is mean, and won't let me get a road bike. I grew up since before I was 10 with minibikes and dirt bikes and snowmobiles. Fun dangerous childhoods are good for boys. Thin the hurd a bit, lol.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
As of now the plan is to take a 3 day course next spring and get a Honda Rebel 500. I think that’s a good starter bike. From there I’ll upgrade to a Harley eventually. Unsure which one.

I used to ride a Honda Rebel and a Honda Reflex. I also had a Kawasaki Ninja 250. I also worked on them myself. I used them for errands and commuting, as well as just occasionally pleasure cruising.

I haven't ridden in years as my license was revoked (long, long story).

FarmerTan

As of now the plan is to take a 3 day course next spring and get a Honda Rebel 500. I think that’s a good starter bike. From there I’ll upgrade to a Harley eventually. Unsure which one.
So jealous! My plan as well. The course bit. Almost automatic pass. Then get a Rebel 250. They go nearly 80, I hear, and anything I drive I drive too fast. Hence the mopeds, lol. Harder to kill myself at 28 mph, and I despise helmets.

So jealous! My plan as well. The course bit. Almost automatic pass. Then get a Rebel 250. They go nearly 80, I hear, and anything I drive I drive too fast. Hence the mopeds, lol. Harder to kill myself at 28 mph, and I despise helmets.

The Rebel 250 is a good bike. I never really checked out how fast they will go, I guess they will go 80. They will cruise down a highway at 60 without breaking a sweat.

The Reflex was the one that was really luxurious, it was a large scooter. Not so big I couldn't handle it as a somewhat shorter sized guy, though.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Still wear a helmet on a moped!

I could do it now but it’s currently 17 degrees. Roughly 50 during the day. Not riding weather by my standards so I’m going to wait until spring. Blow my money on something else between now and then no doubt.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have too many and hardly ride anymore. Last time I rode I went off the road through a fence. Lucky I was not going to fast. I have the following:
1974 Yamaha V90 Registered.
1981 Kawasaki AE 80 trial bike Registered.
1972 Honda CB 100. Going not registered.
1973 Honda CB 175 Twin. Going not registered.
1949 Matchless G80S 500 Single. Not going.
1950 BSA M20 500 Single. Not Going.
1968 Honda C50E. Not going paddock basher.
Most are for my retirement to tinker with. I bought most of them before LOTH and I got together 20 odd years ago. I was a forward thinker then, or so I thought. The Yamaha was my fathers, he bought it new and gave it to me a few years ago. Going through the fence knocked my confidence and I don’t have much confidence anymore so therefore I hardly throw my leg over a bike these days.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
According to the Honda site it’s the Rebel 300 now. New that is. Some other sites are reporting 65-70 top speed. The 500 will do 80-100 I hear. I don’t know that I would take it on the highway with such light power. Especially around here. Top speed I need to do is at least 60.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I did have a Honda Rebel 250. That is the bike that I rode through the fence. Did no real damage and finished up selling it to my cousin. It would cruise nicely on 80 to 85 kms an hour. About 50 miles an hour. At 100kms an hour it felt like it needed another gear.

FarmerTan

According to the Honda site it’s the Rebel 300 now. New that is. Some other sites are reporting 65-70 top speed. The 500 will do 80-100 I hear. I don’t know that I would take it on the highway with such light power. Especially around here. Top speed I need to do is at least 60.
300? Cool! I came real close to buying a new 450 Rebel in '84 I think it was.

Mine would be strictly for about a one mile trip to town, and occasional back road cruising. Basically what I do with my moped, lol. So I don't need to buy one I guess. My wife was right. Again. Sigh.

I used to commute daily, but it ended when I was run off the road last year. My head bounced pretty hard on the ground, a few scrapes, but nothing broken, other than the bike. I finally got it back in service this summer, but no longer use it for commuting. Sad, though, as the Vulcan is a pleasure to ride. The roads around me simply have gotten busier and crazier.
proxy.php

Harley is having a rejuvenation period! They are launching an electric motorcycle, plus a few new models such as their first adventure motorcycle, some more sportier models, a model with a smaller engine (somethingllike 300cc), e-bikes (!) etc. They soon will be a totally different company (good for them! Need to evolve!).

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Harley is having a rejuvenation period! They are launching an electric motorcycle, plus a few new models such as their first adventure motorcycle, some more sportier models, a model with a smaller engine (somethingllike 300cc), e-bikes (!) etc. They soon will be a totally different company (good for them! Need to evolve!).
Back in the 80’s / early 90’s my pops had a 883 Sportster (I think that’s what it was). I just want a Harley because he had one. But I won’t be buying one until a year or more experience on the Rebel. So I says now...

Top Bottom