What's new

Any Other SR Shavers in the Philippines?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Not sure it helps right now but my wife and I will be retiring to the Philippines in about five years. She is from Bagabag in Nueva Vizcaya in Luzon. I hope you were safe in the recent bad weather as I saw on abs-cbn that Cebu was affected by Phanfone. Maligayang Pasko.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
.... I hope you were safe in the recent bad weather as I saw on abs-cbn that Cebu was affected by Phanfone. Maligayang Pasko.
Thank you for your concern. I live in Cebu but am currently in Korea on business. I will be returning to my little bit of paradise in about 1 week.

Fortunately all my friends and their homes did not suffer from the typhoon.

Are you a SR shaver living in the Philippines, or am I the only one on B&B?
I am retiring/moving to Surigao Del Sur the first of 2021. Southeast of Cebu on the "good side" of Mindanao. :)
I've been watching videos from the P.I. and they really have things locked down due to the "WuFlu."
I don't expect to find much in Mindanao in the way of wet shaving products. I will be taking only my favorite essentials with me. What kind of business you doing in S.E. Asia? Stay safe, wear your mask.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
.... What kind of business you doing in S.E. Asia? Stay safe, wear your mask.
I'm a professional engineer in the transport industry. As I am not Filipino, I'm not allowed to practice my profession here. I just live here and work overseas.

The Philippines have limited resources to helpo control WuFlu but they are doing their best. I would rather be here than in any other western country under the circumstances. At least their government and the people are taking it very seriously.

Reactions: abj

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
If you are a SR shaver and moving or visiting the Philippines, bring your own.

Hey there! I live in the Philippines and was born and raised here. I got into wetshaving fairly recently, about end of 2019.

It’s indeed quite a challenge to get the needed supplies for wetshaving here. The only DE razor you can find at groceries and pharmacies is the Gillette Rubie Click DE Razor. Thankfully, we have sites like ebay. [emoji38]

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Ryan, great to hear from you. I am living in Lapu-Lapu City. Where are you?

I have been getting most of my SR stuff from China through Lazada or AliExpress. In Cebu we only have DE blades available; Gillette Rubie and London Bridge. Haven't even seen any DE razors in shops here.

I started down the SR rabbit hole early December 2019. After initial trepidation, I have really been enjoying my SR learning curve. Now with over 100 SR shaves under my belt, it is a pleasure to shave.

I live in Northern Mindanao. Good to know that there other wetshavers here in the Philippines.

How about for your shaving cream and soaps? I find that creams and soaps are the hardest to find here.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
True. I started with some Nivea shaving cream that I bought when visiting Australia about a year before. I then found Proraso green shaving cream available on Lazada (from Manila) and bought 2 x 150g tubes for about P400 each. That cream was a game-changer compared to the Nivea.

There are other shaving creams/soaps available on Lazada but I know little about them and they are not cheap.

Once our lockdown/curfew is lifted and I can start to go overseas again, I hope to be able to source some other well respected shaving creams. If you like, I will then try and get what you desire. My next trip out of the Philippines will probably be to Brisbane or Singapore. I'm expecting Singapore to have more variety than Brisbane.

Top Bottom