What's new

Any other smokable leaves?

Yes, I know what everyone is thinking. Other than the illegal varieties (or formerly illegal varieties dependant on your location), are there any leaves other than tobaccos that are smoked, either alone or as an addition to tobacco. I was in my yard looking at my fig tree and have used the leaves before as a tea and it got me wondering. Any flowers, barks or other things in nature. (I’m thinking non hallucinogenic and its use should pass any work related testing) Poplar/Maple blend anyone?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
There are herbal blends that people smoke in pipes that don't contain tobacco or cannabis. I do think most people who are consuming legal herbs in a kinda smoking way are vaping. And, hey, we have a forum for that too.

So... I went ahead and googled “smoking fig leaves” and lo and behold, there’s a YouTube video of a guy smoking a fig leaf in a pipe. Apparently it smells and taste like Mackerel. I was dying. :a19:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Didn’t college profs and kids in the 60s smoke banana peels or something?

There's always Morley cigarettes, a fictitious brand used in dozens if not hundreds of TV shows and movies. Hitchcock's "Psycho" (1960) had them. Once you see them you can't not see them.
The most famous user might be the Cigarette Smoking Man in The X-Files. The actor (William B. Davis) did not smoke in real life, so they used some kind of herbal cigarette.
proxy.php

Wikpedia sez: "The Morley packaging is sold to production companies by The Earl Hays Press, a century-old Hollywood prop packaging service."
It does not say if the cigarettes are too, and they're probably just filled with whatever the show's props department provides.

Hey, there's William Shatner, in "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet"!
proxy.php

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Dokha is an Iranian tobacco that is blended with herbs, bark and other leaves. For a hot minute I was seriously interested in trying some, but that moment has long passed.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Dokha is an Iranian tobacco that is blended with herbs, bark and other leaves. For a hot minute I was seriously interested in trying some, but that moment has long passed.

Are you a Star Trek fan? That remark reminds of the movie in which Data was tempted by the Borg Queen for 0.68 seconds to join the Borg Collective to experience being a human.

Top Bottom