What's new

Any other oddity collectors?

Any other collectors of the macabre or odd out there? Anyone else with a cabinet of curiosity out there? I'm currently on the hunt for a human skull, a two faced kitten
$5812876662_aedd0cd9c1_z.jpg(Awwww) lol
and a teddy bear made of belly button lint
View attachment 473880

I learned something new with the mourning hair jewelry. I have seen an American Civil War picture frame that still had the lover's hair in the compartment behind the photo.

Legion

Staff member
I used to have a pretty big wunderkammer when I had my own place. Lots of fossils, especially dinosaur stuff, antiquities, some weird medical antiques, meteorites... Stuff like that. No alien foetuses in jars, or Fiji mermaids.

It's mostly in boxes now.

Seeing as how the one shop has 10 skulls for sale from $900-$2000, I'll not have that on my list of things to buy. It seems the more teeth that remain, the more expensive the skull. I wonder why teeth cost that much? The $900 skull has only 3 teeth remaining, from Kentucky. LOL! just kidding Kentucky. Just a little good ol' Ohio ribbing. :lol:

If I had the income for a hobby like that, I would be all over it. I love skeletons and mummified things, though as cool and semi-adorable as they are I'm not sure there's a place in my home for jarred animals!

The majority of flea markets in my neck of the woods are decidedly vanilla, so it's always a pleasant surprise when there's at least one stand that's at least got something of the "macabre" category.

My in-laws consider my collecting of old miniature medicine bottles to be odd. I inherited my starting pieces from my mother who found a couple of them in the late 80s (when we moved into our house, the bottles were hidden behind the furnace).

Nothing creepy-oddity, but many pals do think it odd that I collect books on Roman ecclesiastical art and architecture, 312-1870. I have 500+ books on the subject.

Top Bottom