What's new

Any Other Lapsang Souchong Drinkers Here?

I’m enjoying an unsmoked Lapsang (Tongmu Village) this morning.

It’s surprisingly cold for the second half of April in Ohio (got some snow this morning), and this tea is perfect for the day. It’s very much a chocolate/malt bomb, medium bodied. I have its cousin, also from Tongmu and unsmoked, which has a lighter and more floral approach - and I’ll enjoy this one when/if it warms up again.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping up an old thread, but it's The Cafe and my friend @Ad Astra did it awhile back after more years than this. ;)

LS has been a staple in my collection of tea for many years. I don't think about it enough and swap between coffee and tea quite regularly, but went with it this morning. It's a bit stale but the smoke, pine scent and that little taste of eucalyptus/camphor on the first sip remains. Pretty sure this batch came from Adagio Teas a long time ago. This little Yixing has been dedicated to this style of tea for approximately 20 years and always has a slight smoke scent, even after months of not using it at all. It's a great type of tea.

lapsangyixing.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 I do like LS, especially in blends. Wife received a fancy gift wooden box of the stuff from an Asian friend. Even the red foil wraps were meant to impress (they didn't. I hate wasted packaging. The content is what matters). Anyways, the stuff is an eye-opener and should be tried...

AA

Top Bottom