What's new

any other cigar forums?

I'm curious if anyone has found any cigar-specific forums out there that they like? I like the BL here, but I'm curious if there are other sites... I have a dedicated pipe forum that I really enjoy, and while I know Cigar Aficionado has a forum site, I find a lot of the banter there to be about politics and "elitism" and I've just gotten a bad taste of it after asking questions and getting scolded for asking them.

If you know of any cigar forums, let me know! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don't know of any other cigar specific forums.

My suggestion to you is if you can't find what you are looking for here...create a thread. :thumbup:

There are a few good ones out there, but I have found that there is rarely, if ever, any information there that can't be gained here by asking a question. I have found that I don't visit them because they tend to be a one trick pony for subject matter. B&B has always kept me around because of the diversity of the sub fora here.

Please don't take that as me telling you not to check them out, I have just found that I get burnt out on forums that stick so closely to their core subject that they don't have as much subject diversity as we have here. The forums themselves were great. There were others, just like with any subject, that were, um, less than accommodating for new guys with basic questions.

cigar asylum used to be pretty good, as I recall. At least a couple of other B&Bers hung out there when I was.

I like pipe smokers forum, but I dont spend much time there due to the reasons Steve listed about the cigar forums. I can't recall the cigar forums that I lurked on, but I never got the urge to join one. Like you found, most of them seemed elitist and unwelcoming to new members. We try not to take ourselves too serious here, but we have members that are very knowledgeable about cigars, they just don't beat their chests about it. A good source for basic cigar information is on the JR Cigar website under JR University, if that's what you're after. We'd be happy to answer any questions you may have though.

Thanks, guys. I'm not a "beginner" with cigars, but I guess I was looking for something similar to pipe smokers forum - I like that it's got a variety of "sub forums", focusing on the equipment, the tobaccos, reviewing things, listing events, etc. It's a decent community, much like B&B is. But as suggested, perhaps just sticking around here will be enough.

Thanks, guys. I'm not a "beginner" with cigars, but I guess I was looking for something similar to pipe smokers forum - I like that it's got a variety of "sub forums", focusing on the equipment, the tobaccos, reviewing things, listing events, etc. It's a decent community, much like B&B is. But as suggested, perhaps just sticking around here will be enough.
Wasn't sure if you were an experienced smoker or not, and I wasn't trying to discourage you, just giving you my experiences in trying to find a decent cigar forum. I never did, but I'm more passionate about pipes, there just seems to be more to discuss. Most of the cigar based forum threads always ended in an argument over the stupidest things, and it always seemed like the same group of people who ruined the discussion. We've had a few "know it alls" pop in here and start trying to tell everyone what they should or shouldn't do, but they don't stick around long. If you find a decent cigar forum, ffeel free to share. Don't be afraid to start some cigar topic threads here, we talk about pipes a lot, but most of us are also cigar lovers as well. :thumbup1:

I used to be really active on Puff. It's been a while since I've been there, but i think it's a really pretty great cigar forum.

+1 to puff, nice group of people, good membership base, lots of knowledgeable people. that being said, this corner of b&b will probably meet all of your needs. these guys know their way around the leaf, be it rolled or loose.

Feel free to post your questions here and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I look forward to reading them and gaining from your knowledge and experience.

B&B is your one stop shop for all gentlemanly pursuits.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Unlike other sub-foras, Brucered doesn't check this one out, so don't worry about being teased on the "trending" if you make lots of new threads asking questions. We love that 'round here! :thumbup:

I have been a member of Cigar Weekly since 2006 and consider it my "home forum" for cigars. Activity is way down compared to what it used to be. Herfers Paradise is good too. Both are an older crowd compared to Puff, but the knowledge is there with no BS.

Top Bottom