What's new

Any other Amateur radio operators?

KB9VWH (Victory With Honor)

Recent roofing project removed my antenna so not radioactive at the moment. 2m and HF.

I'll resurrect this thread as I wasn't a member when it was active.
I'm active daily from my mobile on HF, VHF, UHF. Mostly chasing DX.

Orb
WK0DX

Hi,

I do more listening than talking, but run from 160m thru 900 MHz at the house and 6m thru 900 mobile. I have my fixed station above the workshop, and have a low power 900 MHz repeater which lets me remote base 6m, 2m, and 220 with an HT from anywhere on the farm. I have yet to rig it up to control HF remotely, so I have to wander out of the house and upstairs in the shop to play on HF. ;)

Stan

Edit: oh. Yes. Full callsign. wa2kqy

extraclassand also ve kn4wd and have been active for over 20 yrs. started when it was novice, tech. general advanced extra, still work hf mostly cw. 73 de kn4wd

Hi,

I was a Bicentennal ham back in high school. Come to think on it, that was the same year I started shaving. I became interested in 1969, when my dad gave my mom a new AM/FM radio for Christmas. I didn't understand why her favorite AM station went off the air at sundown, but the exact same station was still on FM. Later that day, I saw my uncle wb2zso (sk) and asked too many questions. He went to the trunk of his car and pulled out a 1965 edition of the Radio Amateur's Handbook. I read the whole thing in time. That not only led to a ham license, but to a career as an electrical engineer in RF. So for me, it is not just a hobby. :)

Stan

Always wanted to take up Ham radio. Never had time. Now looking into a hobby I can enjoy from a comfort of my lounge chair. I'm set to take the Technician test this Saturday! Also, shopping for my first handheld. I'm considering Yaesu's FT-60R.

I recently went to a meeting of my local Ham club. It was great to see a very diverse group of people. A few women. Ages from late 20's to 80's. Old guys empresses me most. Some were barely walking and on oxygen. Yet minds sharp as ever. They knew more about internet, electronic, computers than I ever will.

Hi,

Best of luck on the test. I bet you pass just fine. All the knowledge you observe will transfer to you, and more quickly than you think. Been there, done that. In fact, still doing that. Every meeting and hamfest and field day and such, I always find out new (to me) things. :)

Stan

Update. I passed the test.

There was another person taking the General Test at the same time. A 10 year-old girl! She was allowed to keep her toy elf on the desk. Her parents promised her $100 for passing and $150 if she got a 100%.

There was another person taking the General Test at the same time. A 10 year-old girl! She was allowed to keep her toy elf on the desk. Her parents promised her $100 for passing and $150 if she got a 100%.

Hi,

Congratulations! :)

73s

Stan

I got a tech license a few years ago-KK4COE, but I never did anything with it. Funny how getting married can do that :) I 've thought that eventually I will come back to it.

Congratulations on the new ticket, you have a whole new world open to you.
Best 73 and Good DX,
Orb
WK0DX

Thats hilarious, congrats!

Extra here. Mostly phone and digital modes on HF. Currently off the air as I sold my radio and am waiting from a K3S to be delivered

Just had this thread pointed out to me, shoulda searched...

wn0aor @14, then wb0aor (Advanced) a few months later. n0arb (Extra) @16 back in the day when there was 1 year requirement as Gen/Adv before you could take the Extra exam, but refused to take a 2x1 call sign at the time because they were starting with "AA" - sacrilege in the days of W's and K's (N was bad enough) <lol> Then ks6c, then nq8n, then picked ks6c back up when the vanity program began. All of this lead to a BSEE (ISU '76) and a technical career, though not in communications.

Lifer in the ARRL, hard core CW op when active, but several international assignments kept me off the air for years. Need to get off my lazy arse and set up a hidden antenna in this covenant-controlled community.:mad3:

W0BBB, previously KC6KSB & HL9WBT

Active off and on since 1990. Just got my first DMR radio yesterday, anyone else on DMR?

Top Bottom