What's new

Any Oolong tea drinkers here?

Absolutely! I love oolong! It's my preferred tea, as well. I've been drinking it (usually during the winter months) for over half my life. 🙂

I've been an oolong tea drinker for years. Taiwan oolongs are excellent. Have you tried a charcoal roasted oolong? What a great taste!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have loved Oolong for most of my 73 years. My great grandmother always got 2/3 Oolong and 1/3 gunpowder and brewed it very light. She always got it at Goldberg Bowen in San Francisco.

I think gunpowder tea is appropriately named. Tried it once and it nearly floored me. Your great grandmother was wise to subdue it with gentle oolong and to brew it lightly.

Was this her own creation or was this a suggested blend of Goldberg Bowen? I didn't think that folks generally blended oolongs (or for that matter green tea).

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I like it and always order it in a Chinese restaurant but never seem to remember to buy it to brew at home. I'll have to put it on my list. Winter is tea time for me.

inbound7081011906919072146.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Haven't had the Taiwanese yet but I'll be sure to try some.
Right now I've got some Royal Phoenix from The Tao of Tea.
From single trunk plants grown in the Phoenix Mountains (Fenghuang Shan) in Guangdong, China

1668733516585.png

A friend of mine bought me some Tieguanyin from when he visited his family. It's incredible.
He told me to do a quick rinse of the tea (steep for a minute then throw the tea water out) before steeping the tea and it's just amazing. Such a smooth cup of tea.

I like white tea. I like yellow tea. I like green tea. I like oolong tea. I like black tea. About the only tea I do not like is Pu erh; at least I did not like the ones I have tried.

There are some nice oolongs from China as well as Taiwan. Although not as well known, there are some from India. My favorites are : Dan Cong Tie Guan Yin (Phoenix Mountain Iron Goddess of Mercy), Gui Hua (Osmanthus scented), Vadham High Mountain Oolong from India, Jin Xuan (milk oolong), máo xiè - 毛蟹 Hair of the Crab, Dan Cong Yu Lan Xiang (Magnolia oolong), and Dong Fang Mei Ren (Oriental Beauty Oolong.

Oolongs can range from just slightly beyond green tea to nearly black tea. Thus, no matter your taste preferences, there is sure to be a tea for everyone.

If you purchase tea in a Chinese restaurant, it will often be Jasmine green tea. If they serve oolong, it is likely to be Tie Guan Yin.

I've been drinking Baozong this winter. It's slightly oxidized. I don't like it during the summer months, but in the winter months it's a favorite of mine.

I like white tea. I like yellow tea. I like green tea. I like oolong tea. I like black tea. About the only tea I do not like is Pu erh; at least I did not like the ones I have tried.

There are some nice oolongs from China as well as Taiwan. Although not as well known, there are some from India. My favorites are : Dan Cong Tie Guan Yin (Phoenix Mountain Iron Goddess of Mercy), Gui Hua (Osmanthus scented), Vadham High Mountain Oolong from India, Jin Xuan (milk oolong), máo xiè - 毛蟹 Hair of the Crab, Dan Cong Yu Lan Xiang (Magnolia oolong), and Dong Fang Mei Ren (Oriental Beauty Oolong.

Oolongs can range from just slightly beyond green tea to nearly black tea. Thus, no matter your taste preferences, there is sure to be a tea for everyone.

If you purchase tea in a Chinese restaurant, it will often be Jasmine green tea. If they serve oolong, it is likely to be Tie Guan Yin.
You've listed some mighty fine teas, Sir!

Top Bottom