What's new

Any one use wörther products?

Was looking for a new small ballpoint and headed for my usual brand kaweco. However came across another small pocket pen brand called wörther Another german manufacturer of writting equipment. I checked their site out and after a little research bought one of their 'shorty' ball pens. So anyone else know this brand?

I'm guessing its a resounding no. Well mine turned up today hand delivered by the vendor. The stores on line warehouse turns out to be less then a mile from me. For a tenner with a spare D1 black refill its ok. Good for quick note taking but I'm not sure if I could use it for long essays etc. Anyhow heres a pic from the vendor. Soft black on black with clip.

worther-shorty-ball-point-pen-black_2.jpg

Same length as a capped Kaweco roller ball but the same diameter as the kaweco cap not the body. A soft kind of soft feel to it as well without any signs of a soft material being used. Seems well molded with no visible or touchable injection lines or flashing. Feels comfortable in the hand but again not sure I could use for more than note taking.

Last edited:
Have never heard of the brand, but looks like a good pen. As long as it accepts decent refills and fits your bill, I say it's a winner.

Looks like a winner for a pocket pen. I noticed they also have fountain pen options. Sort of a pencil look in pen form going on there.

It's almost the same size as a Kaweco ball point, just a tadge longer. Down side is the Kaweco is better to write with as it has more of the ball point tip showing when in use so makes the whole thing around 3mm longer when in use. They're both good pens for note taking but the Kaweco takes the crown on looks alone, especially a burgundy sport with gold accents and clip.

Very cool. Speaking of Kaweco Sport... keep an eye on the Nib Aquisitions thread. There should be a post coming up in the next day or two. ;)

Top Bottom