What's new

Any one use topcare razor and cartridges

I saw at a local grocery this brand. They are much cheaper than Gillette. I am afraid they are much cheaper than Gillette. Your thoughts will be much appreciated.

If you Google the brand they appear to be both Dorco's and Personna's. Depending on which is the current version, the Personna's are better.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have never heard of them but I am in Australia. We get some really cheap carts in out cheap shops. You cannot even pronounce some of the names. I have in the long distant past bought some of the these carts and from memory the shaves were mediocre. Okay for a holiday razor IMHO.

There are very few razor companies in the world, excluding China. The Chinese haven't achieved a high quality despite Gillette and Edgewell having production sites there. So 99% of the time a private label is Edgewell, Dorco or Harry's Germany. Mers from China is only one that could be considered from China, anything else is dollar store garbage not fit for purpose.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
For carts, I think Gillette and Schick are the best. With stropping on ones arm they can last a long time so I'm told. Harry's are not bad, but Gilltte and Schick have the budgets to do research and figure out what works best. The others, not so much.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
This is the arm stropping I mentioned. To be honest, I have not tried it since I don't use carts that often, but I am going to try it the next time mine starts to dull.

Top Bottom