What's new

Any one like harrys razors ?

Any harrys users here ?

How does it compare with say mach 3 or Gillette carts ?

I understand that there is a newer generation of cartridges how do they compare to the older generation not sure but I bought some recently at Walmart on closeout so I'm not sure if I got the newer style blades or the older style .

Thanks!

I found them to be a good substitute for the Gillette Fusion. I enjoyed the performance of the Fusion better, but not at that price. Harry’s gave me an acceptable shave at a much lower cost.

Any harrys users here ?

I understand that there is a newer generation of cartridges how do they compare to the older generation not sure but I bought some recently at Walmart on closeout so I'm not sure if I got the newer style blades or the older style .

Thanks!
I just checked the Harry's UK website. The carts appear the same. DSC has a new cart.

Edit: Same carts but apparently sharper.

Any harrys users here ?

Thanks!
Use them to shave my head, they are efficient.......

Used them a couple times as a travel razor, and with some work, it gives a decent shave. Just took a lot more strokes than one of SE or DE razors....lots of short fast strokes to get the growth down to feeling smooth again. Still lots better than a disposable, which tore me up a couple of times when traveling. I use them with traditional soaps/cream and brush, just shaves better than the canned stuff.

^
Interesting. I always use long, sweeping strokes with it, never short strokes. One of the reason I sometimes use cartridges is that I can cover the entire side of my face and neck in one long stroke.

^ I tried the long sweeping strokes, and it just left way too much behind. Perhaps its the stiff, gray scruff I'm now growing, which is coarser than it was 30, 40, or 50 years ago. - I remember shaving with the Gillette Slim-Twin, Astra, Trac-II, and the horrible Schick-O-Matic, or whatever than nasty band adjustable razor was called. Now I'm dating myself, having also tried the new to the market Bic and Bic Metal razors, when they were first released.

Yeah, I hear you. I shave daily, so long strokes do the job nicely. I then re-lather and go against the grain and that normally gives a glass-smooth shave.

My wife has one - I was in a rush this morning, thought I’d give it a try. Not a good experience- it really brought home how much better DE/SE shaves are, at least for me.

Top Bottom