What's new

Any one have experience with the Savage MSR-10 long range?

Looks great , people love the thunderbeast cans. I have a shark tigershark for my .308. had accuracy issues though with my last rifle. No problems with my osprey or Spectre 2 cans.

What was the accuracy problem, and how severe was it? Was the problem cured? ...just trying to learn.
Seems like it was a design flaw. A couple people I know had the same issues, got a new rifle that's been sitting for two years waiting to try it out on it. Some people had it returned and they came back shooting better. The best imo site for info and people with more money than most is snipershide. Been on there , on and off for years. Great source of learning.

My rifle would shift zero every year, annoying.

I free floated the barrel and the problem was solved.

That is my only experience with rifle problems. This made me wonder why the manufacturer did not float the barrel...why have the stock press on the barrel. Maybe so that when it starts raining, you will miss your deer. Jody.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Looks great , people love the thunderbeast cans. I have a shark tigershark for my .308. had accuracy issues though with my last rifle. No problems with my osprey or Spectre 2 cans.
I seriously considered a Thunder Beast but figured for my first can I would go multi-cal before I went down the rabbit hole. Also, It was the Silencer Co. packet and Silencer Shop's kiosk that made it easy (LOVE that kiosk) so I wanted to give them my money first!

The new kiosk process makes me want to get another lol. I waited a year for my first, all were 6 months at least. Did the trust and paperwork way before. My first had a mistake on the form and was delayed as well lol.

nikonNUT

Well crap! I think my rifle has to go back to Savage...I was adding a picatinny rail for my Atlas bi-pod and noticed the barrel isn't centered in the hand-guard. Not a big deal but the gas block adjuster is hitting the handguard (can't get a .002" feeler gauge to go) so at the price point that's an issue for me!

Also...

NOT happy...

Last edited:

nikonNUT

Well done.
I am looking forward to your range report.
Well I have finally shot the beast and I am impressed! Shoots as soft at my overgassed Springfiled AR-15 and is quite the tack driver! I will say that while it does shoot soft it is kind of a sharp recoil instead of a push but fiddling with the gas block may cure that. All in all I like it a lot! Now I just need 800 yards to test it and my mettle.

.808" at 200 yards.

Late to the party. I have never seen a Savage that would not hold MOA. I had the basic FP 10 in .308 that would be MOA out to 300 with Port and SA surplus (5 shot groups) It would shoot sub MOA at 300 with Fed GM Match. I never shot in past 300.

I have seen guys get Sub MOA at 500 with that same basic model using both handloads and Fed GM Match.

Nikon-
That is a good looking group. .5+ MOA at 200 is quite impressive

nikonNUT

Nikon-
That is a good looking group. .5+ MOA at 200 is quite impressive

Thank you, sir! I think I figured it at .386 MOA (.808/ (1.047*2))? I was absolutely gob snacked by the performance. Especially on a gas gun! :D

Top Bottom