What's new

any of you shave using a few different razors within the same shaving session?

hey people so sometimes i have a bit of a weird habit of loading blades into a few different razors and using them all within the same shaving session,
was wondering if anyone else this at all?

like last shave for example, started with shavette did about 70% then went onto the leaf razors for about 20% then fancied using the fatrip grande open comb razor to finish off and straight side burns as i got a beard etc and touch up and missing bits and do neck line etc

was rather enjoyable tbh, as one frustrating thing for me is always having to wait a few days between head shaves,
obviously if youre a facial shaver you could get away with shaving more often imo

What I've been doing lately is using a more aggressive razor on my jawline -- one of my trouble spots. It definitely gets it smoother that way, and something about the head design on it really seems to work.

What I've been doing lately is using a more aggressive razor on my jawline -- one of my trouble spots. It definitely gets it smoother that way, and something about the head design on it really seems to work.
see to me thats a really good idea as its less passes and especially if you got sensitive skin its probably works out better that way too

It does seem to work. I've also switched things up a bit. I start with WTG, then just the XTG on the jawline then ATG and finish with another WTG. Seems to work really well.

For years I used a Gillette Pre-war Tech loaded with a Polsilver blade for wig and atg. Then used a Gillette ‘30s bar LC loaded with an Astra SP in x pattern on throat.
Recently started using ‘30s bar loaded with a Wizamet for wtg and atg.
Nothin’ odd about using two or more razors.😏

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Once in a while I will test the edge of SR and compare to something I know has a fine edge. A few strokes will tell me something. It has to be really substandard for me to not finish the shave with.

I use a mild-to-medium razor for my cheeks and neck (I have a beard) and a very mild razor to shave my head. I always have at least 2 or 3 razors ready to go. Yesterday was my Rockwell S6 on plate 3 for cheeks and neck, and my Oristofor my head. Great shaves all around.

just had an interesting amazing shave tbh

four razors, four nacet blades and an amazing results

so i loaded up my yaqi katana se razor, edwin jagger de89 kelvin,
Jagen David E02 and fatip piccollo slant open comb razor

so yea when im not using a razor i just leave it in the sink which is full of water and pick out whichever one i fancy tbh

honestly though i forgot how good the Jagen David E02 and edwin jagger de89 kelvin are tbh,
the Jagen David E02 in particular, i got it in april 2018 for like £5.99 according to my amazon purchase history and its really efficent, has more blade exposure then the ej de89 and is lightweight with a plastic handle and the handle is long too,
honestly really enjoyed using these razors, maybe ive been overlooking how good they are...

think im going to do this more often tbh, was fun and because i dont shave as much as facial shavers due to head shaving only it means i can use more of my razors more often and at a quicker pace too

hey people so sometimes i have a bit of a weird habit of loading blades into a few different razors and using them all within the same shaving session,
was wondering if anyone else this at all?

like last shave for example, started with shavette did about 70% then went onto the leaf razors for about 20% then fancied using the fatrip grande open comb razor to finish off and straight side burns as i got a beard etc and touch up and missing bits and do neck line etc

was rather enjoyable tbh, as one frustrating thing for me is always having to wait a few days between head shaves,
obviously if youre a facial shaver you could get away with shaving more often imo

I recently reviewed all the new BBS offerings from Razorock (OC, A and AS) and just did the first head-to-head battle between the 0.84GC and BBS-AS the other day. It was fun.. doing it on my head especially. Stay tuned, that video will be up in a day or two. I'll post the link in the thread with the poll that chose which battle to do first.

Razorock BBS OC, BBS A and BBS AS video reviews - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/razorock-bbs-oc-bbs-a-and-bbs-as-video-reviews.611600/#post-11379983

Hi,

Not really. I use a Fasan DoubleSlant on a daily basis. That has a lot of helix twist. So, it stinks for sideburn trimming. So, I use a Gillette Old Type for that. But, I wouldn't really call that using two razors on the same shave. Someone else might, though, so I mention it.

Here's that twist I mentioned.

Stan

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
That would generally fit the definition of too many moving parts for me. I have done it a couple times, when the primary razor didn't or couldn't shave as close as desired around the Adam's apple - something about their shorter blade length and stiffness makes the Schick injector shine in that area. But it isn't something I'd do on a regular basis

I have a circle beard. It's common that I shave most of my face with a DE, trim the beard length with an electric, and then use a straight razor to clean up the beard edges.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Never by design; but only when a razor & blade combo isn't working for me. Rather than switch out a soapy, wet and slippery blade, I'll just load another razor with a new blade and finish up.

Top Bottom