What's new

Any new boar brushes out in 2019 from any manufacturers?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Zeniths.2.Wood.640.4-18.JPG

I have a number of Zenith boars. Mine might all be bleached (I think they are). I no longer buy boars with lofts higher than 57 mm (not that higher lofts are necessarily bad). In the Zeniths the lower lofted boars suit me better. I like lots of scrub and lots of backbone.

I really like the little wooden handled boars pictured above. They're not expensive, but they are very good brushes.

Zenith.Copper.Boar.New.7-7-18.640.JPG

The Zenith Copper boar (pictured brand new) is a delight.

Zenith.Copper.boar.Manchurian.2.640.7-14-18.JPG

Its handle will tarnish (which I like) but is very easily shined up (if that's the look you like).

2-20-19.Mondial.Boars.Two.2.640.JPG

I have two Mondial boars. The aluminum and the plastic handles. Great brushes. I think these are about 58 mm. Excellent.

12-4-19.PipeRazor.DB.Jade.Kit.640.JPG

The boar I consider to be the best boar made is the Omega Jade from Connaught.

However, there are a good many really good choices in boar brushes these days.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Good spot!

I should have written this

Zenith boars come in two varieties, bleached and unbleached. I have 2 Zeniths both with 24mm knots, 55mm lofts but one is bleached and the other is unbleached.

The one which is bleached is a soft fluffy cloud, tips softer than a Tuxedo but doesn't have any backbone (IMO their unbleached ones would work better with a lower loft height) but eats lather unlike any other brush.

The unbleached one however has a lot of backbone and is very efficient with soap as welll. I've owned 4 Omegas and I've noticed they are variable in consistency, one (11819, same knot as a 10066) has incredibly soft tips and is a bit floppy. I'd say the Zeniths I have have thicker bristles than their Omega counterparts.

I'm not a fan of the bleached Zenith Boar, it's too floppy and it eats lather. The unbleached Zenith Boar is a scrubby beast and is incredibly efficient and is my favourite of the two.

Thanks for that. I do love a boar brush and a Zenith may be on the horizon

Top Bottom