What's new

Any NCAA baseball fans on here?

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Well....after 4 games that couldn't possibly have been any closer...I am glad to finally see the bats come to life for the Vandyboys

Still alot of baseball to be played in this game and in this series

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I don’t think that spotting Leiter a big lead is a good plan.

Yes, that is true. But when you're a lifelong Vandy fan you take absolutely nothing for granted. I've watched our football team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory far too many times....

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Your boys looked impressive tonight, @JWCowboy.

They had a great first inning and Leiter pitched a solid game, but you know after that dismal start MSU's bullpen settled in and pitched extremely well. They shut down the Vandy hitters the rest of the way until finally giving up another run late.

I don't have cable so have been listening to the games online and following via twitter. This morning when I watched the highlights it looked like 80% of the fans were wearing maroon and cheering for the Bulldogs. Felt like a football game at Davis Wade in Starkville.

I was reading this morning that since the current format established in 2003, first game winners have gone on to win the championship 11/17 times. 65% odds make me feel...well....not near as confident as I'd like to be..... especially considering one of those 6 times the first game winner lost the series was Vanderbilt to Virginia in 2015.

I was proud of the VandyBoys. They were ruthless and efficient when it feels as if the whole world would rather see anybody else but them win. I think this is how it must feel to be an Alabama football fan or a Duke Basketball fan. I could easily get used to it ;)

What's that old Arabic proverb? - "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on"

Or as the quintessential millennial Taylor Swift sang it "Haters gonna hate"

Last edited:

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
What happened with NC State was heartbreaking, and I understand why they're upset. Perhaps the NCAA could have handled it better, but the fact of the matter is that it was easily preventable. That is tragic. The real shame is how the decision of weather or not to get a potential life saving vaccine, which is a true gift from God, a true miracle of modern medicine, has become a political issue. But alas, that is a topic for another thread and I won't discuss or mention it anymore so as not to be seen as an agitator.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I recorded today's stage of the Tour de France so I was switching back and forth between the bike race and the CWS. I gave up in the 5th when Mississippi State made it 8-1. Seemed like every time I turned on ESPN State had 2 men on base.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Yeah, that was brutal. Tip of the cap to State. Hopefully the 'Dores bounce back tonight. Thank goodness Kumar will be back on the mound. If you can't win with your best guy pitching....well...then you just don't deserve to win. FWIW I feel good about their chances.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Well, I believe I'm going to call it a night. 9-0 through seven. Ouch. Will Bednar was the man tonight. Started this thread back in late February, and here we are with the VandyBoys in the finals of the CWS. I'm proud of them for a great season. Certainly would have loved another championship banner but it was not meant to be.

06156928-E972-4AEC-8941-601229D894D6.png

Congratulations to Coach Lemonis and the Mississippi State Bulldogs. They truly are champions.

Top Bottom