What's new

Any NCAA baseball fans on here?

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
When you're a 'Dores fan, college baseball season is the one sport you look forward to :biggrin:

When I went to ESPN's website this afternoon, I was greeted with this beautiful photo at the top of the page....

1614361807697.png

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Here'a a pic of Kumar on the mound for the opening day double header.

1614362877738.png

I gotta get me one those new official Nike on the field hats.....

I’m a big Texas Longhorn Baseball Fan. It aggravates me that the sports networks treat NCAA Baseball like it’s a third rate sport. I can see all the field hockey, crew and lacrosse that anyone would want, but NCAA baseball? Good luck finding it on the tube.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I watch a lot of Texas baseball and softball on Longhorn Network, I watch B1G 10 baseball/softball on BTN, and I'm really looking forward to the promise of expanded coverage of both sports in the ACC this spring on the ACC Network. My favorite time of year is from the last week of May through June, with the NCAA regionals & then the Women's CWS from OKC and then the College WS from Omaha. I love it. My fave sports are college hockey, softball, and baseball in that order, with football coming in 4th.

In fact, Texas Softball is just about to put Sam Houston State away on my TV as I type this post!

I watch a lot of Texas baseball and softball on Longhorn Network, I watch B1G 10 baseball/softball on BTN, and I'm really looking forward to the promise of expanded coverage of both sports in the ACC this spring on the ACC Network. My favorite time of year is from the last week of May through June, with the NCAA regionals & then the Women's CWS from OKC and then the College WS from Omaha. I love it. My fave sports are college hockey, softball, and baseball in that order, with football coming in 4th.

In fact, Texas Softball is just about to put Sam Houston State away on my TV as I type this post!
Sadly, I am shutout from the Longhorn Network. I stream over Hulu and in order to get the opportunity to subscribe to LHN requires a subscription to Sling.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Sadly, I am shutout from the Longhorn Network. I stream over Hulu and in order to get the opportunity to subscribe to LHN requires a subscription to Sling.
That's too bad. Over the past 6 or 7 years I've become a Texas softball fan because of LHN. I respect the tradition of Texas baseball, but I don't like them. I keep seeing Roger Clemens every time I watch them. That said, I'm watching them right now. They're murdering BYU, 10-0 in the 8th inning.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I love college baseball. I love all college sports. If I am surfing the web and volleyball is on I watch it. Track and field? I’m good to go.
The last two years I had been watching a lot of LSU baseball because the youngest son of a buddy of mine was their catcher. He’s now in the Royals organization.
My buddy has 3 boys and I would always tell him to keep his boys away from my daughters and he would tell me to keep my daughters away from his boys.
Anyway!
As long as it’s college sports I’m good to go. But I do love baseball.

Zipper head here! My son played D2 and won the College World Series in 2016. He's coaching a small college in Colorado now. I'm a FSU grad so i keep up with them but I just got home from FAU baseball where I am the Public Address announcer. They sold as many tickets as they were allowed due to Corona so the crowd looks like any other season. it's AWESOME to see live college baseball again.

That's too bad. Over the past 6 or 7 years I've become a Texas softball fan because of LHN. I respect the tradition of Texas baseball, but I don't like them. I keep seeing Roger Clemens every time I watch them. That said, I'm watching them right now. They're murdering BYU, 10-0 in the 8th inning.
The Rocket was easier to like when he was a Longhorn pitcher. Once he became a pro he got all full of himself.

I love college baseball. I love all college sports. If I am surfing the web and volleyball is on I watch it. Track and field? I’m good to go.
The last two years I had been watching a lot of LSU baseball because the youngest son of a buddy of mine was their catcher. He’s now in the Royals organization.
My buddy has 3 boys and I would always tell him to keep his boys away from my daughters and he would tell me to keep my daughters away from his boys.
Anyway!
As long as it’s college sports I’m good to go. But I do love baseball.
I’m watching LSU play the Ragin Cajuns right now. 5-1 in the 6th.

I went to grad school at Miami in the early 90s. Big Canes fan!

re LSU: heartbreak in ‘96

re Texas: my son-in-law is an alum and follows closely, so I am frequently updated

re FAU: my son graduated recently and how about the kid hitting grand slams in his first pair of collegiate ABs?!

My daughter is a Gator and went to high school with Mike Zunino.

Future son-in-law caught at Cal.

Yeah, we’re interested in college baseball at my house!

I went to grad school at Miami in the early 90s. Big Canes fa

re Texas: my son-in-law is an alum and follows closely, so I am frequently updated

re FAU: my son graduated recently and how about the kid hitting grand slams in his first pair of collegiate ABs?!
The two slams in one inning was crazy. 14 minutes apart. Glad I got to be a small part of it.

I went to grad school at Miami in the early 90s. Big Canes fan!

My daughter is a Gator and went to high school with Mike Zunino.

Future son-in-law caught at Cal.

Yeah, we’re interested in college baseball at my house!
The kid I carpooled to school for years took over at UF after Zunino. You know who he is, I'm sure. AAA with the Cubs now.

Top Bottom