What's new

Any Nasal Snuff Users Here?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
You commented on my post, I'm looking into trying some. I know @Mike H @Hirsute and a handful of others have been known to partake.

I've heard good things about it, I figure why not give it a go.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
It is an interesting and said to be a safe way to consume tobacco. I’ve used it for several years and love it. I started this thread to see if information from other users can be made available. There are so many types and brands, it could be interesting to read the reviews, advice,
Etc.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Count me in! Wilson's of Sharrow, pre-merger Sam Gawith and Gawith Hoggarth, and Toque make up the bulk of my stash. I do have a few others, but many of those (Jaxons, Viking, Mullins & Westley, Friboug & Treyer) were made by the same mills.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Ahh yes, I've heard about that stuff. Too fine for me. I like the coarser snuffs. I can't do toasts either. Toque's standard grind is about as fine as I comfortable go. If I come across one finer, I have to heavily hydrate it to use it.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I recently placed an order with Snuffstore.co.uk
Shipped, but I have not received it yet (coming from UK).
I tried ordering from Mr. Snuff, but was unable to process the order.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My favourite snuffs for daily use, aren't actually specific blends, but a certain approach to mixing.

I start with plain or SP snuffs, and add something more heavily scented, like one of the more perfumed Fribourg and Treyer, or Royal George. I also toned down the likes of Firedance and Celtic Talisman that way too. That way, I can adjust the strength of the scent to my liking. I also don't always wait till the snuffbox is empty, before topping it up with something different, so my day box tends to hold a more organically changing snuff, rather than true blends.

Exceptions to this, are Toque (and similar) food scented snuffs, such as cherry, toffee, vanilla, or chocolate. This also applies to Spanish Gem and Ambrosia, which have got brandy in the mix. Other mid strength snuffs I keep separate, would be the Mullins & Westley snuffs, what is left of my Molens de Kralingse snuffs, and some of my old Gawith Hoggarth snuffs.

brandaves

I just recieved a very generous PIF from @Mike H with a few samples of snuff. I just tried a little toot of the McChrystal's Warm Glow and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was a very very small pinch as it was my first ever. I managed to avoid sneezing...for about two minutes. The flavor was fantastic and the sensation excellent. I'm putting in an order at Toque as they seem to be the most user friendly ordering experience for the US. I ordered the 10g sampler and a few other Silver Dollar tins to hit the $25 free shipping mark. I'll update once it arrives.

Thanks again Mike!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just recieved a very generous PIF from @Mike H with a few samples of snuff. I just tried a little toot of the McChrystal's Warm Glow and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was a very very small pinch as it was my first ever. I managed to avoid sneezing...for about two minutes. The flavor was fantastic and the sensation excellent. I'm putting in an order at Toque as they seem to be the most user friendly ordering experience for the US. I ordered the 10g sampler and a few other Silver Dollar tins to hit the $25 free shipping mark. I'll update once it arrives.

Thanks again Mike!
It is a fascinating adventure isn’t it? I just finished a 4g Dholakia Vanilla. Ordering a larger quantity. I wanted to wait till their “White” became available but can’t now. The White, which is actually a light tan, is the strongest snuff you will ever have. It’s very fine and dry and has an intriguing funk smell that is addictive in itself. You have to breath it rather than sniff it because if you get too much, it will knock you on your knees. Tremendous nicotine hit as well. Why would anyone use that stuff? Why do men climb mountains. Indian snuff is great. English snuff is great too but in a different way. Time to put together an order. I first did snuff in the late 60’s in college. It is a long journey of many roads in many directions but worth the trip.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

Thanks again Mike!
Did you find a US seller by chance?

brandaves

Did you find a US seller by chance?
Yes, although I haven't ordered from them yet. It's a tobacconist in Texas and they accept phone orders. They have a decent selection which you can view on their website.

The Briar Shoppe

As I said, I don't have experience ordering with them but I'm told they do take phone orders and ship anywhere it's legal.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm putting in an order at Toque as they seem to be the most user friendly ordering experience for the US. I ordered the 10g sampler and a few other Silver Dollar tins to hit the $25 free shipping mark.

Good decision! Other options for you would be Mr Snuff (mrsnuff.com) and maybe Jaxons (snuff.me.uk) but you'll need to check their shipping page, as they (Jaxons) only ship to certain states.

brandaves

Just placed an order with Snuffstore at Mike's suggestion. Hopefully I'll be getting that in a couple weeks. The Toque will probably get here next week or so.

Any of you guys use bullets? I have no idea if they are worth having or not.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Any of you guys use bullets? I have no idea if they are worth having or not.

No, they're for other inhaled substances. They clog, need you to sniff too hard (so the tobacco lands in completely the wrong spot), and don't deliver a decent pinch.

Fingers (between finger and thumb), back of the hand, on the thumbnail with the index finger wrapped round, or a snuff spoon. The only time I use something as a spoon, is on oiled Indian snuffs.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I just grab a little pinch between my thumb and index finger and sniff that. Pretty effective and makes less mess with my mustache than other methods because I can jam it rright up against my nostril.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom