What's new

....Any MUSICIAN'S Out There?

I'm a bassist. Blues, rock and funk mainly. Never made much money at it but it's got me around a few countries (and quite a few bars!).

yep played bass in a few punk bands over the years and not talentless cant play your instrument punk i mean nofx rancid awsomeness punk lol.

I hack away at my guitars.

Current arsenal:
1956 Fender Strat Mary Kaye Custom shop relic (Cunneto era) ash see through blonde, maple neck. Plays like butta
1982 Fender Strat maple neck natural finish (pictured)
1962 Sears Silvertone w/amp in the case (red, double lipstick pickups)
195(?) Magnatone lap steel (mother of toilet seat finish)
195(?) Fender lap steel
1936 Weissenborn model 1 lap steel. (pictured)
1972 Fender Princeton Reverb (pictured)

Mostly blues and rock.

Attachments

• $100_0011.jpg
    $100_0011.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 31

Legion

Staff member
I wouldn't classify myself as a musician at all, but I am building a cigar box guitar at the moment, just for fun.

I frail a banjo and working on thumb lead, two finger style.

Cool Gurnall! I just wandered into the barbershop for maybe the second time since I joined up. I was reading through the thread, and thinking "no banjo players" Then yours was the last post. I frail 5-string as well, and play 2-finger thumb lead, and a Charlie Poole-style 3 finger. I also just started playing tenor banjo, and I dabble with acoustic guitar a weee bit. I play pretty much anything that would have been recorded before 1940. Appalachian old time, Tin Pan Alley, Piedmont Blues, 20's and 30's jazz. I don't play professionally, but I do play at open-mics, and jam sessions. I going to start busking a bit this year hopefully.

Glad to meet you. Appalachian and blues for me as well and really enjoy country blues played on a banjo. John White's music is great and I really love his version of Mississippi Heavy Water Blues.

Jim Arkus is amazing as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom